Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the Greek New Testament willfully corrupted
distazo Wrote:
Burning one Wrote:
Thirdwoe Wrote:Concerning Matthew 11:19 and Luke 7:35. I have noticed that Younan, Lamsa, Roth, Pashka, and Bauscher, all have "works", in both places.... while Magiera, Jahn, Etheridge, Murdock, Alexander, have "children (or sons)" in the Luke passage.

So, which is it?

the term B'NEH can easily be misinterpreted as "sons" in the Aramaic. the Peshitta is not wrong - it just must be correctly read as "deeds" instead of "sons."

Chayim b'Moshiach,
Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,
I have a friend who reads plain Peshitta and he says: "no" it does not read wrong. This is because of the vowels! The issue is here that the vowels have been applied later and this has been done in line with the Greek reading I suppose.

Shlama akhi,

it definitely doesn't read wrong. it is how a translator takes the meaning of B'NEH that can render an imprecise reading. i do agree that there are instances in the vowel-included Peshitta versions that are mispronounced, and thus, misinterpreted. that has been shown on this site in various posts, and i've encountered them in my own reading, as well. i've noticed some while reading the Hebrew Scriptures, as well, so it is just a part of the failure of us human translators, and not an actual error in the text itself. important distinction to make!

Chayim b'Moshiach,
Jeremy

Messages In This Thread
Re: Is the Greek New Testament willfully corrupted - by Burning one - 07-13-2013, 03:36 AM