Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Isaiah 45:17, Peshitta, Mass, LXX, etc
Hacham Dave,
Thank you for the empathy and encouragement, as well as the clarification. All of those help. As I'm sure you've noticed I sometimes jump to conclusions, and I am rather uptight, quick to lose my cool. I need to chill out.

Rafa,
I will not be associated with the bloody and blasphemous history that is Christianity. You know my reasons, so I need not go there. I do not hate the people, and I am not divisive. I reject the institution and I attempt to pull people together. As long as we have the Christian institutions we cannot be pulled together because church structure tends to push different denominations apart. We also develop the problem of men like akhan Dave being kicked out...how is that a recipe for unity?
Yes, we should focus on obedience. This is why I do not make a fuss over halachic issues, because I know I will disagree with you on the interpretation of various mitzwoth. That should not be a huge issue. The issue should not be whether you or I wears a mixture of polyester and cotton, but whether or not we are both following the command to not mix wool and linen to the best of our understanding. If we disagree over the definition of "work" it is alright as long as we are both refusing to work on Shabbat.
But how can we be unified with apostates? How is this possible?

Messages In This Thread
Re: Isaiah 45:17, Peshitta, Mass, LXX, etc - by Dawid - 02-09-2008, 10:27 PM