Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Isaiah 45:17, Peshitta, Mass, LXX, etc
I am not anti-Christian. I am extremely anti-Christianity, if you understand the distinction. I hate Christianity. With a passion. I do not think that no Christian could create a beautiful translation. My only objection was to your post which implied "this is so beautiful, which would make sense because it was translated by a Christian" implying both that a Jew could not, and that any Christian would, both of which are ridiculous, to say the least.
I hate Christianity simply because in Christianity I was lied to and I was rejected. I hate Christianity because it has murdered countless Jews, Muslims, and others. I hate it because it is corrupt. Need I give any more reasons?

I agree that the POT should be used in textual criticism of the MT. However, I think that it should be used with utmost caution in places where the MT is unclear. Most of the time it attempts to make sense of these difficult passages by altering them, which is a huge mistake. It should, instead, delve into the text and try to find what it actually means.

As Yaaqub pointed out, many of the readings are clearly Jewish. It was, at least, translated by a N'tzari or Evioni, and was probably translated in portions like the LXX, rather than all at once. I think the Torah at least predates the Messiah.

It is coming from pain.

Shalom,
Dawid

Messages In This Thread
Re: Isaiah 45:17, Peshitta, Mass, LXX, etc - by Dawid - 02-08-2008, 10:36 PM