Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COE Theology and stuff about the 2 persons
Shlama Qashisha,

Vsanzcm Wrote:I'm really amazed! If I understood well, it's the same Faith ("Christology") that we roman catholics (and other christians) confess, but with different terminology... I was suspecting that since some time ago. I'll seriously study the documents of cireg.org.

Yes, amazing isn't it? The difference in terminology arises from the fact that one church in one empire used Greek to formulate dogma, but the other church in the other empire used Aramaic to formulate dogma.

When you have languages as different as Greek and Aramaic being used to formulate dogma, there will be perceived problems when comparing the two because there are shades of meaning in one language that are inaccurately conveyed, or not conveyed at all, in the other language (and vice-versa.)

Or worse yet, as happened in this case, the Aramaic word "Qnoma" was changed by the western Aramaic speakers to evolve into the cognate of the Greek "prosopon", while the archaic meaning was preserved by eastern Aramaic speakers.

When you saw us saying "Two Qnome", you immediately became suspicious because you had more contact with the western Aramaic-speakers and thought that we were saying "Two persons", when in reality Qnoma doesn't mean "person" in any sense of the term.
+Shamasha Paul bar-Shimun de'Beth-Younan
[Image: sig.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Paul Younan - 06-21-2004, 03:30 PM
[No subject] - by Gentile - 06-22-2004, 10:23 AM
[No subject] - by Paul Younan - 06-22-2004, 04:19 PM
I can't see the difference! - by Vsanzcm - 07-22-2004, 11:39 PM
[No subject] - by Vsanzcm - 07-22-2004, 11:45 PM
[No subject] - by Vsanzcm - 07-22-2004, 11:47 PM
[No subject] - by Paul Younan - 07-25-2004, 02:36 AM
Two Persons of Christ - by aalkhas - 09-03-2004, 03:12 AM
[No subject] - by Paul Younan - 09-03-2004, 02:16 PM