Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mattai 20:28, Bezae and Old Scratch
I think all translations are only a literary help to understand the originals, and that is why I am on a search to find out which text come closest to them. I now believe that the EASTERN PESHITTA is the closest thing (if not an exact copy thereof) we have to the GOOD NEWS of our Savoir thanks to this forum.

At this point and time I am English bound, but with the help of interlinears and Lexicons/Dictioaries I will in time learn Hebrew and Aramaic.

I ask which English translation sticks closest to the PeshittA (not PeshittO) because I want the closest writings to our Moshiach' Words. I am told that Lamsa, Murdock, Etheridge, and the likes used the King Yames Version (which is based on the Greek text) for their underlying text more so than the PeshittA. This will not do for me as I want the PeshittA as the only underlying text to an English translation. I know that they are better than nothing and that salvation can be acheive by reading and accepting the Anointed One, but still the closest one can get to HaMoshiach' Words the more they can understand how to please and obey Him.

Jeremy is making a translation and has let me have PDF copies even though they are not totally finished so that I can start my studies on English translation of the Eastern PeshittA.

I would like to know if there are any others that used the PeshittA and only the PeshittA, as I said if they used anyother text to arive at there translation I really do not have the time to try and pick through it as I have been having to do up to this date. Easier to just have one that is English of PeshittA alone. And that is what I am seeking after. Be a real shame if the world had to what for me to learn Aramaic and make a translation myself as this could take years on end. I thank you and Jeremy for all y'all have done to get the the purest English translations to study our Savoir' Word, hallelu-Yahu, awmane.

From Huntville Texas, USA,
will brinson: ferguson

Messages In This Thread
Re: Mattai 20:28, Bezae and Old Scratch - by The Texas RAT - 07-24-2011, 09:23 PM