Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peshitta/o Old Testament
Gentile Wrote:I think it is probably the best version of the OT around given the flaws in the Masoretic Text

I don't think there are grave flaws in the Masoretic Text, and if there were any I certainly wouldn't number among them "its use of 'God' in the plural way too often." On the contrary I consider that to be among the things in the Scriptures reflective the very nature of YHWH Eloheynu.

Quote:and the fact that the Septuagint isn't in its original 'Semetic' tongue therby limiting possible word meanings.

The Septuagint translation of the OT was always in Greek. Or, perhaps you know that and mean that a lot was lost in the transition that would not have been to another Semitic language like Aramaic?

Quote:The OT also contains the"Apocrypha" [by which I mean the additional books left out of the Protestant and Judaic canons].

What books exactly are included in that OT? Could you give us a list? What books are considered worthwhile to include in the Apocrypha varies widely and I'm curious as to what the CoE includes.

Shlama, Craig

Messages In This Thread
Peshitta/o Old Testament - by Gentile - 09-26-2003, 12:20 PM
[No subject] - by Gentile - 10-08-2003, 09:09 AM
[No subject] - by Craig - 10-08-2003, 09:31 AM
[No subject] - by Craig - 10-08-2003, 10:11 AM
[No subject] - by judge - 10-08-2003, 09:36 PM