Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
_The Peshitta Holy Bible_ translated by David Bauscher
"the gospel (the good news that Christ died for...."
What would you call "the good news" Jesus spoke about in Mt 11:5?

Matthew 11:5 (NIV)
https://biblehub.com/matthew/11-5.htm
https://biblehub.com/interlinear/matthew/11-5.htm
The blind receive sight, the lame walk, those who have leprosy are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and the good news is proclaimed to the poor.
interlinear of Greek:
kai/καὶ/and
ptōchoi/πτωχοὶ/poor
euangelizontai/εὐαγγελίζονται/are gospelized

"The gospel (the good news that Christ died for guilty sinners so that we could be reconciled to a Holy God) is the power unto salvation. This is how Christians are saved"
According to this, how are people saved?:

Matthew 25 (Young's Literal)
31 ‘And whenever the Son of Man may come in his glory, and all the holy messengers with him, then he shall sit upon a throne of his glory; .... 34 ‘Then shall the king say to those on his right hand, Come ye, the blessed of my Father, inherit the reign that hath been prepared for you from the foundation of the world; 35 for I did hunger, and ye gave me to eat; I did thirst, and ye gave me to drink; I was a stranger, and ye received me; 36 naked, and ye put around me; I was infirm, and ye looked after me; in prison I was, and ye came unto me. 37 ‘Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when did we see thee hungering, and we nourished? or thirsting, and we gave to drink? 38 and when did we see thee a stranger, and we received? or naked, and we put around? 39 and when did we see thee infirm, or in prison, and we came unto thee? 40 ‘And the king answering, shall say to them, Verily I say to you, Inasmuch as ye did [it] to one of these my brethren — the least — to me ye did [it].

Messages In This Thread
RE: _The Peshitta Holy Bible_ translated by David Bauscher - by DavidFord - 03-26-2020, 03:06 AM