Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vic Alexander old testament books
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had looked at any of Vic Alexander's Old Testament books? To date he has published Genesis, Exodus, Jeremiah, Daniel, Jonah, Zechariah, Malachi and Isaiah. I'm assuming these are translations from the Peshitta as well. However, Vic says that his translations also come from Sumerian, Cuneiform tablets and mss. I'm also almost positive that he is indeed a member of the Church of the East. Considering all this...

How reliable are his Old testament translations compared to his new testament ones,(if anyone has read them) and do you think they are more reliable than Lamsa's?

Also, I came across some interesting bits in his translation of Exodus 12:3

"Tell the entire gathering of the children of Israel, on the tenth of this month, for every man to bring a ram to each house, one ram per ancestral home."

Notice how he says "ram" here instead of "lamb", which keeps in continuity with Genesis 22:13 about a ram being there to take place of Isaac. However, all other mss say "lamb" in this verse. The story of the exodus foreshadows Messiah, as he is the "lamb" of God and true passover lamb. Also Isaiah 53:7 says "he was led like a lamb to the slaughter" in LXX, DSS and Lamsa. However, Vic says:

"He would be led to the slaughter like a ram and like the ewe before the shearer He would remain quiet and would not open his mouth."

Vic translates the word "ram" throughout, but these are just a few specific passages. Could this be Vic adding his own 2 cents, or is it possible the word does indeed say "ram"?

Thanks,
John