Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A top dog Greek Primacist's attitude, when challenged.
godparticle or gp. May I ask you a question? my name is Mike Karoules and I have NOT been involved in discussion forums here for some time. I enjoy coming here and talking about the Scriptures of Aramaic Eastern Peshitta or the Greek version of the Scriptures no matter what position one holds to. But I would like to ask how you support the theory that most ALL Jews in the Diaspora during the Roman times or first century (when the early church was growing by leaps and bounds in the Diaspora cities like Corinth, Thessalonikka, Ephesus , Rome and ALL the others) spoke only Greek or predominately Greek (yes I am referring to the Hellenists or the "Grecians" as the New Testament has labeled them) BASED ON THE SCRIPTURE THAT YOU CITED where Peter said in Acts 10:28 "You know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; . . ."

So, from that text in Acts (Peter's words) how do you come to the conclusion that this supports the theory that the Hellenists or Grecian Jews ("Grecians") in the Diaspora only (or predominately) spoke Greek and not Aramaic? Please break this down for me. I don't get it.

gp, I ask this here because the previous forum thread (began by you) has been locked and I read much of it only for the first time this past Saturday night - really , really late.

Anyone who wishes to chime in on this - please do so.

I thank you, gp, and anyone who wishes to share.

Kindly,

Mike Karoules

Messages In This Thread
Re: A top dog Greek Primacist's attitude, when challenged. - by Mike Kar - 04-28-2014, 10:05 PM