Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pentecostal in Assyrian Church
Paul you may not remember but Penny and I visited St. John's with you about 10-12 years ago. We are both Pentecostal and felt wholly at home in that setting. Of course, you prepped us beforehand. I wonder how we would have felt if you hadn't prepped us.

Scorpio, I would warn you though that the CoE is entirely orthodox and it's teachings are orthodox. If one is United Pentecostal (UP), unitarian (Jesus Only), or holds to those beliefs one might feel a little out of place.

Paul, as a side note the funniest thing that happened at St. John's that Sunday morning was the communion. We are Assembly of God but attend a Southern Baptist church, both of which have very ardent opinions about alcohol (including wine). When we have communion it is with a wafer and unfermented grape juice. When Penny puts her lips to the chalice and your deacon tipped it up she got a mouthful and nearly choked. I don't think you noticed but I cracked up. When we got back to the pew she told me that the wine was "smoooooooth, real smooth."

Keith

Messages In This Thread
Re: Pentecostal in Assyrian Church - by Matthew - 12-06-2013, 02:49 PM
Re: Pentecostal in Assyrian Church - by Keith - 02-04-2014, 03:33 AM
Re: Pentecostal in Assyrian Church - by Keith - 02-04-2014, 04:49 AM