Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Syriac have this "corruption" like the Galilean?
DrawCloser Wrote:hi Texas RAT, did you read these:

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.peshitta.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1298">viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1298</a><!-- l -->

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.peshitta.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1277">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1277</a><!-- l -->
I read both threads and find myself to be in the same boat as Dawid for the most part.

DrawCloser Wrote:Some posts by Andrew and Paul make a Hebrew NC (New Covenant) argument really doubtful...

Could the NC texts originally had hwhy in them instead of ayrm?
AndrewGabrielRoth Wrote:My personal belief is that the Nazarene Jerusalem Canon was IDENTICAL to the Peshitta as preserved by the COE in Abdiabne and Babylon, EXCEPT for the latter's use of MARYAH instead of YHWH. <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.peshitta.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1298&start=45#p7905">viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1298&start=45#p7905</a><!-- l -->
And Andrew had further expounded as to just why he believes so. And I to find this to be one thing about the Eastern PeshittA Text that (I think) is not of the original ReNewed Covenant (yet as said before I do not have any of the original texts to support/prove my suspicion). Other than that all proof leads me to believe that the Eastern Aramaic Text is the closest thing we have today to the original ReNewed Covenat writings - period.

Anyway, yes I have heard all of this before in other threads yet it still remains THE FACT THAT NO BODY FROM GREEK, ARAMAIC, OR AS MENTION HEBREW PRIMMEST HAVE BEEN ABLE TO PRODUCE THE ORIGINAL AUTOGRAPHS, PERIOD! So the fact that there is no Hebrew texts present today is no different than there being No Greek or Aramaic ones before the 4th or 5th centuries.

As far as it being tradition that the Aramaic texts where burned once their usefulness was up is of a Hebrew tradition in which could as well account for the lack of Hebrew Texts. Also the fact that the Notzri where either exterminated or absorbed into the CoE in the 4th or 5th century would account as to the reason they would have used Aramaic texts, if at all, thereafter. So between the Jewish Priests burning the Notzri ReNewed Covenant, the tradition of burning older texts, and the Notzri becoming extinct or absorbed into the CoE can/could easily explain as to why there are no Hebrew Texts left to this day, and thereby any claim to a Hebrew original can not be totally dismissed as far fetched.

Some have claimed that the Hebrew of the first century was the same as that of the Aramaic, yet the Dead Sea Scrolls attest differently. Some even ask why the Targums(Commentaries) in Aramaic if Hebrew was so prevalent, yet then again within the Dead Sea Scroll there were many Hebrew commentaries of the Scriptures to boot.

I can see holes in all the arguments yet I still remain open minded that I am right, I mean that perhaps I am on the right path of thinking upon this subject(/or not). So no I am still not convinced that Hebrew originals are out. As Dawid said some may have been penned in Aramaic and some even in Greek (such as the western five Books), yet this does not negate that there could had been Hebrew as well. After all historians/ancient witnesses have clearly stated that MattithYahu and Shaul had both wrote in Hebrew, and that the Notzri had preserved MattithYahu's Gospel.

By the way, I am not by any means a protestant christian, and therefore by no means would I ever want to try and convert Yehudeem unto such. Nor am I Messianic either (which is simply a shoot/branch off of protestant christianity, which is their reasoning for Greek supremacy). If I had to pic a title for my belief it would be Notzri. In that I have no agenda other than trying to find the truth of the matter (and it is said that they had a Hebrew Gospel of MattithYahu - and no there is no surviving versions, for reasons mentioned above, thereof). So I have none of the religious reasonings to pic one primmest camp over the other as do the others. I am not saying that the CoE did not receive Aramaic copies, just that perhaps as attested to there were some/many Hebrew Originals that were then translated to either Aramaic, Greek, or perhaps Latin.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Does Syriac have this "corruption" like the Galilean? - by The Texas RAT - 02-24-2013, 06:08 AM