Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aramaic diaspora in Greek speaking countries?
Shlama Khulkon:
I hope you don't mind if I wade in here with you. Paul spoke more languages than most, if not all of the disciples of Yeshua. There is no scripture passage in the New Testament where it explicitly states that Paul did not speak other languages. We do have much evidence, including the 22 books of the Aramaic Peshitta that Paul dictated his letters to ready scribes, who could write with a keen scribal handwriting of K'tav Ashuri. This is the Alphabetical text that would have been written till the transcriptions in Estrangelo came from Edessa. Moreover, Paul wrote with his own hand, in various places in large letters (text) if we are to interpret the plain reading.
Paul most certainly preached in Greek, but his letters were all written in Aramaic, as Marya perfected the gift of languages in Paul. The gift of languages/tongues was crucial for the preaching of the Gospel to peoples of various languages just as at the Day of Pentecost. I think we are greatly influenced by the "Pentecostal teaching" as it is interpreted today, by Greek and Latin based Western Churches. I am not speaking disrespectfully against Pentecostal and Charismatic Churches, for they are disciples of Christ, just as I am. I spent three decades in the Charismatic movement with the same beliefs which were taught to me by godly men and women. At this time having grown some, I can wrap my head around more truth and think outside of the box without falling into various types of heretical teachings and to stand virtually alone amidst those that think contrary to me, while agreeing to disagree with many questionable denominational teachings. I hope that I'm not off topic, for it all comes to bear on the topic of the importance of "preaching the Gospel to "all the nations" of the west as well as the east. The gift of languages/tongues was for preaching, interpretation of various languages, all by which the WORD of Alaha rang true for the purpose of the salvation of the world. The Rukha d'kadusha engineered language and passed it over the tongues of the Apostles and disciples alike and thereby they fed the Body of Mashikha with the truth. What a joy and wonder it was indeed to receive the engrafted word which is able to save the souls of humanity.

Shlama,
Stephen

Messages In This Thread
Re: Aramaic diaspora in Greek speaking countries? - by Arkady - 02-21-2012, 07:38 PM
Re: Aramaic diaspora in Greek speaking countries? - by Stephen Silver - 02-22-2012, 02:03 AM
Re: Aramaic diaspora in Greek speaking countries? - by Arkady - 02-22-2012, 11:46 AM
Re: Aramaic diaspora in Greek speaking countries? - by Arkady - 02-23-2012, 05:08 AM
Re: Aramaic diaspora in Greek speaking countries? - by Arkady - 02-23-2012, 04:02 PM