Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Come, let us reason of Enoch of old
The book of Enoch is super intriguing to me. As soon as Im done typing this, Im going to go to the library and check it out. If theres one thing peshitta.org/forum has done for me, it has helped me conquer my fear of text-digging and provided me with a sledgehammer to break down the walls of church-established doctrine. This definitely includes the holy canon, and what should and should not belong.

We all know Jude quotes it. We all know it was discovered amongst the Dead Sea Scrolls. And although I havent yet read it all except for certain passages on particular sites, the things it talks about sum up what we all believe happened in Genesis at the time anyway. (Angels with women producing giants, Enoch going up to heaven and seeing what its all about, and I guess it evidently describes Messiah VERY well which is why Rabbis didnt want to accept it?)

I always thought the book of Enoch was considered a fraud because of late dating, post Messianic era. The DSS shows us that this isnt so. So at the very WORST, we just dont know WHEN Enoch was written, and just simply DONT KNOW if its a true account.

But for us to all accept Jude and reject Enoch is foolishness and hypocrisy, and Im calling myself out on that one too. But then again, we can all just listen to what the Eastern church has been saying alll along and throw Jude out..but the problem is we'd also have to throw out Revelation, in which we are warned in that very book is NOT a good idea.

I was always frustrated with how different Messiah seemed compared to the Torah, and with months and months of research and elbow grease, found Messianic Judaism. Also, I didnt like the Greek NT and its vague "kurious" in reference to Christ, and prayed, and found the Peshitta after great patience. Now I wish to move on to Enoch and conquer it.

Come all, let us reason about this book, yea, even Enoch of old...

Messages In This Thread
Come, let us reason of Enoch of old - by rungold315 - 03-18-2011, 10:02 PM
Re: Come, let us reason of Enoch of old - by sean - 03-21-2011, 05:44 AM
Re: Come, let us reason of Enoch of old - by dr p - 03-22-2011, 03:29 PM
Re: Come, let us reason of Enoch of old - by sean - 03-22-2011, 10:50 PM
Re: Come, let us reason of Enoch of old - by sean - 03-28-2011, 03:03 AM