Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doctrinal differences : ACOE - RCC ?
Hello again callmepaul,

As far as your first question, I would say it is actually both. Some people might feel more comfortable just asking God for help, while others also ask for Saints to look over them. Again, in NO WAY does this mean we pray "to" them, but rather it is like asking a friend or relative to say a prayer for you when you are sick.

From my understanding, this is actually what all Catholic and Orthodox people should do as well. I think the confussion might stem from their use of statues, pictures and paintings. If you asked a practicing Catholic or Orthodox person they might be able to elaborate on this better than me.

With regard to your second question, you are correct in saying that we venerate the life-giving Cross. That said, it is not the material substance of the item itself that we revere, but the representation of the meaning and significance behind it. Basically, besides the Cross, the Bible and the Eucharist, we do not have any "relics" in the church sanctuary. I hope this helps.

Regards,

-Nimrod Warda-

Messages In This Thread
Re: Doctrinal differences : ACOE - RCC ? - by Nimrod Warda - 02-18-2010, 05:08 PM