Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Way International - Aramaic Interlinear
The Way Internationals 3 Volume Aramaic-English New Testament is a great translation.
It was done by three translators, one of whom was trained by George Lamsa.
In my opinion, it's clear, readable, and gives one a real feel for the underlying Syriac.
It was first published in 1988, and was then only available to Way International members, that is no longer the case now, as you see.
I think that the Aramaic-English NT could have been enhanced by using Aramaic names for people and places and things, but in spite of that not being so, it is still a worthy translation.
Might I ask how you acquired your copies of this New Testament?
There is also an Aramaic Concordance and an Aramaic Dictionary that is usually also sold with this translation.
They too are really great study aids.

As to your question about the 'orthodox' teachings followed in this Aramaic-English New Testament, they followed the ancient Syriac Peshitta, and not Victor Paul Wierwille's sometimes odd Christology/theology.
I believe that Wierwille was influenced by George Lamsa, (in a good way), who was his frequent house guest, to follow the actual Peshitta NT teachings in The Way International 3 Volume Aramaic-English New Testament.
I hope that this helps you.

Shlama, Syriac Questioner

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Way International - Aramaic Interlinear - by SyriacQuestioner - 01-24-2010, 08:46 PM