Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OH MAN PLEASE FORGIVE ME BUT, I'm GOING TO BE BRAVE.
I'm new here and I sure hope I didn't offend anyone...I was just so excited about Mr. Roth's New Testament, that I thought I'd ask for the discount, since mt situation is not what I want it to be financially right now...BUT I hope no one was offended...I would feel really bad....

Lately I have been, well how do I say it? If you read my testimony, I'm still on a journey (I Hope)...But I'm not in the place where I believe that Jesus is "so to speak" sitting on the throne of my heart....Why do I say that? Well I believe that "Self" always has a desire, self always wants to rule, self will do anything, even religious, righteous looking things, so as to continue to live, hopefully un-noticed by the Christian...Yet Jesus says the kingdom of God is within you, and HE is the king of that kingdom...He ever lives and has desires to rule over the self life...For that I think is the enemy of God, it wants to rule and live...That's why I think Colosians says "Let the peace of Christ rule your hearts" and later "Let the word of Christ dwell in you".... And I've always thought that we in America have caused a great confusion by mixing the use of the words "Scripture" or "Bible" and "Word" I think there is a BIG difference...For EX: When people say "The word of God" Most think (Scriptures)... But I think its probably more related to a "living current word" as in "The word of the Lord came unto" For example could you insert the word bible into col 3:16 (and there are many other places in the scriptures that this applies to in the NT)...Oh well that's my pet peeve.

Most of the time, I feel like Peter and only wish I was John (who leaned upon Jesus's breast...I wrote to a friend last night, and told him that the periodical story by Jesus seems to have been twisted by American Christians...Here is what I said to him:

In the story of the periodical son, WE focus on the fact that the son "Turned around" (Showing Repentance) BUT I believe that the real goal of Jesus in telling that wonderful story is to show the Fathers heart,
toward US.

Hopefully you won't mind if I paraphrase...Here is Rod's version....

"Oh man I am so hungry, if only I were at my fathers house", his servants are well fed...I know what I'll do, I'll go to my father and I'll say "Papa, I have sinned against you and heaven please forgive me"..

So I go home, but on my way he sees me, he runs and throws his arms around me, He doesn't even seem to care that I am dirty and smell horrible...Istart to tell him what I had rehearsed on the way home, but its as if he didn't even hear me, all I hear him say is "get some food, shoes, and clothes for my son. Get a ring on his finger"...Its all I can do to hold myself...I start to weep and bury my head in his skirt

Everyone was so happy to see me, except my brother...He was yelling at my father. "Oh this son of yours comes home, and all he has done is wasted his inheritance, he doesn't obey the commands of the house and all you can do is receive him with open arms....

Well anyway, that's my opinion, from your unlearned gentile friend.

Messages In This Thread
Re: OH MAN PLEASE FORGIVE ME BUT, I'm GOING TO BE BRAVE. - by rodm - 12-27-2008, 06:01 PM