Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From before the foundations of the world...
Kara Wrote:
Quote:OK, here's a suggestion: you don't have the intrinsic right to answer a post which took hours to research with a one-liner. That would be a good start

I'm assuming, then, that the following "one-liners" are acceptable on this forum:

"i think you're being humble -- aren't the ramifications of this HUGE for pushing Peshitta primacy? i was reading it with jaw hanging open..."

"Greek primacy is finished...however one must take to heart the words of Max Planck."

"This is fascinating!"

Etc.

C'mon, Paul. Now, all of a sudden, there are rules behind one-liners? Is it or is that not a double standard? Yes or no and why. No sidestepping.

Well I am responsible for the one liner I have emboldened. I have been studying these things and posting on forums at peshitta.org since 2001 IIRC.
After 8 years I have never seen any serious refutation of the material posted here. So my "one liner" is really in response to more than just this one post.
But here is a question for you.
If you think the peshitta was edited to conform to the hymnal then what you proposing Aramaic speaking believers were using prior to this in their NT?

Messages In This Thread
Re: From before the foundations of the world... - by judge - 03-10-2009, 09:03 PM