Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kashkol
Shlama!

The following snippet is from http://www.betnahrain.net/Biographies/yosipe.htm
Quote:The late Mar Yosip Khnanisho has written many prayer books like Kashkol, a book of hymns, and has translated the liturgy of ordination, the Church sacraments, and others. He has authored many books of his own, including compositions of praise to be sung on religious holidays, many of which have been published in the book of ???Turgama???.

Anyone know where can I get a hold of the book Kashkol?

Many thanks!

Lars
Shlama Akhi Lars:
It appears to me that the meaning of the name Khnanisho is the grace of Yeshua. Am I right?

Shlama,
Stephen
Shlama Akhi Stephen,

Yes, you are right! It's one of my favorite Aramaic names, very beautiful :-)

Me and my wife are more closely studying a few texts of the late Mar Yosip that are included in the book Turgame. His writing is an art form in itself as it is carefully composed on so many levels. The text we are currently working on is a hymn on the birth of Yeshua, and it is a good example of his creativity when it comes to writing. The hymn has a beautiful meaning, while at the same time also sounding beautifully when read/sang out loud, all while incorporating a few tricks when it comes to the composition, like having the first word in the first verse start with alaph, then the first word in the second verse start with beth, etc, while also paying attention to the sounding of words so that they fit well together and form a pattern. This hymn truly shows off just how beautiful and wonderful the Aramaic language really is, especially when it comes to talking about God and His glory.

So that is why I am quite eager to get my hands on even more of his writings :->

Shlama,
Lars
Lars Lindgren Wrote:Shlama!

The following snippet is from http://www.betnahrain.net/Biographies/yosipe.htm
Quote:The late Mar Yosip Khnanisho has written many prayer books like Kashkol, a book of hymns, and has translated the liturgy of ordination, the Church sacraments, and others. He has authored many books of his own, including compositions of praise to be sung on religious holidays, many of which have been published in the book of ???Turgama???.

Anyone know where can I get a hold of the book Kashkol?

Many thanks!

Lars

Shlama Akhi Lars,

I've never personally seen a copy. We might have one at the library of St. John's. From what I understand it's simply a shortened version of the Khudra for use on the weekday prayers. So I don't think it contains anything new or unique, it's just a small reference work.

In reality, there seems to have other "Kashkuls" - there is a manuscript at the University of Glasgow from the 17th century from the area of northern Iraq that was called by that name, written by a certain Shamasha of the CoE.
+Shamasha Paul bar-Shimun de'Beth-Younan
[Image: sig.jpg]