Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hosanna Rabba
Shlama all--

In looking at Etheridge's translation of the Targums, I came across this beautiful translation of liturgy that I wanted to share:

For Thy sake, O our Elohim, save us. For Thy sake, O our Creator, save us. For Thy sake, O our Redeemer, save us. For Thy sake, O Thou who wilt seek for us, save us.

For the sake of Thy truth; for the sake of Thy covenant; for the sake of Thy greatness and Thy glory; for the sake of Thy law, Thy institutions and Thy memorials; for the sake of Thy mercy and goodness, Thy unity and honor, Thy kingdom, Thy strength and Thy glory; for the sake of Thy holiness and the sake of Thy praise; O save Thy people.

As the eyes of the servants look up to the master for help, so we come before Thee for protection, we look to Thee for succour, for the contendors have striven with us, and we are trodden under foot. Save us, O Elohim our Savior!

O Everlasting build in mercy. Save the foundation stone, even the chosen house, the threshing floor of Arnon, the hidden oracle, Mount Moriah, and the mount where it shall be seen; Thy glorious habitation where David dwelt, goodly Lebanon, the beautiful clime, the joy of all the earth, the perfection of beauty, the dwelling of righteousness, the tranquil habitation, the tabernacle of peace; whither the tribes went up; the precious corner-stone, resplendent Zion, the holy of holies, paved with love, Thy glorious presence, for the heap of sharp-pointed armor. Save us now.

The voice of him (Elijah) who bringeth glad tidings and saith, Thy salvation will I confirm when He (the Messiah) cometh, it is the voice of my beloved coming:

I will declare the glad tidings. It is the voice of him who cometh with myriads of saints, standing on the Mount of Olives.

And I will declare the glad tidings. It is the voice of him (Messiah) when he cometh at the sound of the great trumpet, when the mountain will divide:

And I will declare the glad tidings. It is the voice of my Beloved who knocketh, and shineth forth from Seir, and the mountains of the East will divide:

And I will declare the glad tidings. It is the voice of Elijah proclaiming redemption, and voice of the Messiah coming with all his holy ones with him.

And I will declare the glad tidings. It is the voice of the Bathkol thundering from Zion, proclaiming freedom to the whole world:

And I will declare the glad tidings. It is the voice of Salvation proclaiming the welcome time of the earth's acknowledging the Oneness of His Name:

And I will declare the glad tidings. It is the voice of the Mighty One of heaven and earth exclaiming, Can a nation be born at once?

And I will declare the glad tidings. It is a voice proclaiming the time of redemption, when the people shall see light, and it shall come to pass at eventide there shall be light:

And I will declare the glad tidings. It is voice to make glad the Rose of Sharon, for they shall rise who sleep in Hebron:

And I will declare the glad tidngs. It is the voice of the Man whose name is the Branch:

And I will declare the glad tidings. It is the voice proclaiming, Arise from the dust, awake, and sing, ye who dwell in the dust:

And I will declare the glad tidings. It is the voice granting salvation to His people, even to David, and to his children forevermore.

Order of the Hosanna Rabba
Shlama w'burkate
Andrew Gabriel Roth