Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gift or Gifts in Acts 2:33 and Acts 11:17
Mike Kar Wrote:Paul, Ti-kanis??

Thanks for getting back with me. Those 2 big bold points that I was referring to are found in John 4:10 and are next to "Gift" in that verse and at the end of the word (reading R to L). These will be seen in the Khoubaris manuscript which I saw when I scrolled down there. Just curious because this question was asked in light of Syame markings to indicate plural. It appears these bold "periods" are not Syame markings. Before I thought that Syame markings ( 2 dots) can be anywhere.

But I have done some research on this word on the Khoubaris manuscript and see other "single" marks in this very word. Like, sometimes for this word one dot would be places above the first letter "m" (I believe) of this word "gift" and other times it would not. Like in Acts 2:38 for "gift" there are no dots above this word. But for this same word you will see a dot above the "m" (first letter) in places like Acts 10:45 and 11:17. Also, taking this same word there will be found, on occasion another dot places above the 3rd letter of the word. So, vo this word "gift" and using the same lexical number, you may find one (at times) dot and 2 dots for this word in other places. What does this mean and does this change the meaning of the word in any way??? What is the scribe intention's??

Kindly,

Mike

Yasoo Mike, Kala.

I'll have to take a look at it again when I get home, but it could be markings that indicate the beginning or end of a liturgical reading. Sometimes later scribes went in and placed markers where readings begin and where they end for liturgical purposes, it helped them out during the year for the appointed readings (readings are fixed for every day of the year!)

+Shamasha

Messages In This Thread
Re: Gift or Gifts in Acts 2:33 and Acts 11:17 - by Paul Younan - 10-10-2008, 04:42 PM