Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gift or Gifts in Acts 2:33 and Acts 11:17
Paul. thank you so much. I have been to the Dukhrana site when I first did a word study on this subject for "this" in Acts 2:33 and for "gift" in Acts 2:33, 38; Acts 11:17, Acts 10:45 and John 4:10 just to name a few. Anyone can to the the lexicon there and "word number" and then click to go to the page that has all the inflections of the word. This is what I did. The word for "this" seems not to close at all to "these" according to Dukhrana and just looking at the characters. For the plural of this I only see "Haleyn" and not "Haden" unless that was a typing error you made. I don't think you made a typo so I take it it may have something to do with a difference in dialect. But had Luke intended to say "these" gifts would he not surely emply "Haleyn"(base word for "these", I think) from what I see at Dukhrana?? Thanks.

BTW, do you know what those 2 big bold point at the end of "gift" in John 4:10 represent??

Thanks so much again.

Sincerely,

Mike

Messages In This Thread
Re: Gift or Gifts in Acts 2:33 and Acts 11:17 - by Mike Kar - 10-08-2008, 08:55 PM