Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
U.S. Rabbi's Oppose Creationism
Edited out by Albion.
Shlama Akhi Albion,

What does this have to do with us Nazarenes??? I will bet you these Rabbis are Reform and the fact that they are liberal is hardly surprising.

Two other points:

1) According to the article, liberal Christians started this:

The effort, Oler said, spun off from the Clergy Letter Project, launched in 2004 by Michael Zimmerman, now the dean of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at Butler University in Indianapolis. Zimmerman asked Christian clergy to draft an open letter, since signed by 11,000 religious leaders, supporting the public teaching of evolution and emphasizing that religion does not have to be an enemy of science.

2) I can at least sympathize with the need to not have the majority opress Jewish thought:

???I would say that as Jews, being a minority, we???re particularly sensitive to not having the views of others imposed on us,??? Oler said. ???Creationism and intelligent design are particularly religious matters that don???t belong in public school system.???

See there are two questions that should not be combined: 1) What is the truth of Scripture? 2) Where should this be taught?

I am not getting into my views on the issue however, but again, this has nothing to do with the Nazarene faith.

And yes I know you are a great friend to me, to all Jews and to Israel.

Shlama w'burkate
Andrew Gabriel Roth