Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question on Mari/P.E.A.C.E.
Shlama Akhi Albion and everyone!

First, yes, I am home now from Rehab. I have been since Wednesday afternoon. All your prayers are greatly appreciated.

Second, my injury has not, except for the first 5 days when I had no computer access, significantly delayed Mari's production. Everything that Baruch and Shali have needed from me I have been able to get to them in a timely maner. Now there is nothing more for me to do except look at a pre pub hard copy, which I should have in a few days.

Third, I can tell you with confidence, as I have for months now, that while the price is not set--this is the last step, other than perhaps the cover binding--it will be under $60. I confirmed that pricing with Baruch last week. If you budget then $60 (maybe a little extra for shipping which I have no way of knowing now) you will be fine.

Fourth, of course you are not a pest at all Akhi Khabiba Albion. Your enthusiasm and constancy is a balm on my wounded body. You asking about an update on Mari is not in any way a Shabbat violation. No funds are exchanged, and I can and have answered after Shabbat, so don't worry. It's what I do with your request that determines if my domain is expanded on Shabbat.

Fifth and finally, I have not given any date within August just August itself. There have been some very minor issues since 8/9 when I was assured about this. Mari could very well be available by 8/31, or there could be the one last delay into September that I can't control: That being that the physical printer does not keep their word that we are top priority. The final digital copy is being made now, and if it is "clean" meaning there are no corrections between the digital print and the actual physical run, we will save more than $700 in penalties. For that reason, and because we are striving for as close to perfect a first edition for you and others as is humanly possible, we are basically on track but not taking any chances either. You must understand that this is now on Baruch's shoulders, and he is looking at certain options as far afield as Jerusalem, India and eve Beijing, as well as close to his home. We may get an initial small run for all of you in 2 weeks and then a larger run in China that takes 18 days to get here via ship. It's a lot of stuff, but we are getting it done.

As I said, no worries, and you are never bothering me. I was going to post this update shortly anyway. Todah rabba for your patience.

Shlama w'burkate
Andrew Gabriel Roth

Messages In This Thread
Question on Mari/P.E.A.C.E. - by *Albion* - 08-24-2008, 01:20 AM
Re: Question on Mari/P.E.A.C.E. - by Andrew Gabriel Roth - 08-24-2008, 08:10 PM
Re: Question on Mari/P.E.A.C.E. - by Christina - 08-25-2008, 10:18 PM