Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summary of Peshitta Primacy Proofs
Shlama Otto,

The long 25 letter code is not part of my experiment and is not a priori.

The experiment I performed was based on the hypothesis I mentioned above. It is an apriori search for all the Divine names I could find in the Hebrew OT and in The Peshitta NT (I used the 1905 Syriac NT, which does contain all 27 books).The list included 84 Divine names and in Hebrew and Aramaic.
Why did I search for Hebrew words in an Aramaic text ? Because I could. Both languages use the same alphabet. I have also done the reverse search in The Hebrew OT.

I included all searches in my data tables; nothing was omitted . Some searches show nothing unusual. There is a formula for computing the expected number of occurrences of an ELS in a particular text of a particular size with particular letter frequency composition. Those letter frequencies and the text size determine very accurately how many ELS's will normally occur in that text.

This is not hocus pocus; it is mathematically sound statistical procedure.

The results are analyzed by Chi Square analysis , or Standard Deviation calculation for each search. They give a probability result for each search, which is then averaged out for the whole data set.

As far as the long codes are concerned, there is a method of calculating probabilities for them, even though they are not usually a priori searches. It is based on word length , text size and letter frequencies. I do not rely on these long codes as proof for anything. I simply followed them up with my experiment outlined above, to test an hypothesis which was suggested by the existence of those long codes.

I do not like to rely solely on long code messages because I , like you, believe the a priori element is essential to producing sound verifiable results. If you look at my data tables, you will see all the data of two
experiments with control results right next to the Peshitta results.

If anyone can reproduce the same results on another control text , then my results are meaningless. I have seen nothing of the sort thus far.

Blessings,

Dave
Get my NT translations, books & articles at :
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://aramaicnt.com">http://aramaicnt.com</a><!-- m --> and Lulu.com
I also have articles at BibleCodeDigest.com

Messages In This Thread
Summary of Peshitta Primacy Proofs - by gbausc - 11-29-2004, 07:53 PM
[No subject] - by peshitta_enthusiast - 11-30-2004, 12:23 PM
Publishing an article - by gbausc - 11-30-2004, 03:11 PM
[No subject] - by gbausc - 11-30-2004, 03:14 PM
[No subject] - by ograabe - 11-30-2004, 05:29 PM
[No subject] - by gbausc - 11-30-2004, 11:21 PM
[No subject] - by ograabe - 12-01-2004, 03:40 AM
[No subject] - by peshitta_enthusiast - 12-01-2004, 12:19 PM
[No subject] - by gbausc - 12-01-2004, 12:35 PM
[No subject] - by ograabe - 12-01-2004, 04:07 PM