Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summary of Peshitta Primacy Proofs
Shlama Otto,

I'm way ahead of you on that one. The program I used calculates the probability for an ELS being found in a particular text at a particular search range, say 2-100,000 skips. It is based on the letter frequencies for every letter of the alphabet of that search text, and is very accurate in its estimates for control texts (Hebrew War and Peace, for example).
I have been working with a professional statistician who is former fellow at Price Water House Cooper, world's largest accounting firm. He now heads up Bible Code Digest, though was once a skeptic of the existence of Bible codes.

Anyhow, your assertion is incorrect.There are methods of measuring likelihood of a certain number of "hits" for a particular word at a particular search range. The adjusted number of standard deviations for an average search was 3.0 (relative to the control). That is approx. 1 in a thousand. The control texts averaged 1.4 SD's for several thousand searches. That is within the normal range.

The only texts that contain a significant number of codes are the Hebrew OT and The Peshitta NT, so far. I have not heard of anything statistically significant coming from the Greek NT or any control text, English , Hebrew or Greek.

My searches were of 84 Divine names found in the Hebrew and Aramaic Bible- Old and New Testaments. One does not search for one skip rate in order to find if codes exist. You try all possible skip rates.
Nor do you test one particular word only; you test all of them; In this case, my hypothesis to test was essentially:
"If God were to put codes in the Bible, he would code it with His names and titles throughout in highly significant numbers, so as to autograph the work with His Divine watermark, leaving no doubt that it is the work of God."

I then tested this by an experiment. You may read the results at my web site. Bible Code Digest will publish several articles on this starting next year, hopefully January.

Ed Sherman , the statistician aforementioned, is convinced that these codes are genuine Divine evidences of God's authorship of the Hebrew OT and The Peshitta NT.
I am convinced, whether he is or not.

Burktha w'Shlama,

Dave B
Get my NT translations, books & articles at :
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://aramaicnt.net">https://aramaicnt.net</a><!-- m --> and Lulu.com
I also have articles at BibleCodeDigest.com

Messages In This Thread
Summary of Peshitta Primacy Proofs - by gbausc - 11-29-2004, 07:53 PM
[No subject] - by peshitta_enthusiast - 11-30-2004, 12:23 PM
Publishing an article - by gbausc - 11-30-2004, 03:11 PM
[No subject] - by gbausc - 11-30-2004, 03:14 PM
[No subject] - by ograabe - 11-30-2004, 05:29 PM
[No subject] - by gbausc - 11-30-2004, 11:21 PM
[No subject] - by ograabe - 12-01-2004, 03:40 AM
[No subject] - by peshitta_enthusiast - 12-01-2004, 12:19 PM
[No subject] - by gbausc - 12-01-2004, 12:35 PM
[No subject] - by ograabe - 12-01-2004, 04:07 PM