Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paul, why is Interlinear different from Word Docs ?
Shlama , Akhi Paul,

Where did the Peshitta Word Docs come from ? Do you have the Peshitta text used in the Interlinear available by itself ? I noticed Matthew 6:32 has "[font=Estrangelo (V1.1)]Ny9b wh 0mm9[/font]",

The Interlinear has : [font=Estrangelo (V1.1)]Ny9b 0ml9d wh 0mm9[/font].

I am doing letter frequency and total letter # comparisons between Eastern and Western texts and want to be sure I have the correct texts before I finalize my results.

Dave B
Shlama Akhi Dave,

The Word docs were scanned in based on the United Bible Society text, which is of course the Western text. It is being used as the basis for the Interlinear which is then compared to the Khabouris and the modern printed edition (1891, Mosul.)

So there may be small discrepancies here and there. The Eastern text is not available anywhere in electronic format.
+Shamasha Paul bar-Shimun de'Beth-Younan
[Image: sig.jpg]
Shlama Paul,

Thanks for the info.

I was mistaken then in my comparisons of Eastern & Western texts. I was using the Word docs as the Eastern Peshitta and comparing it to another Western text and an edition Roy Reinhold says he edited to conform to The Eastern Peshitta, while retaining the Western canon. I used his edition for my Bible Codes experiment, which shows very positive results.

Is 1891 Mosul an Eastern text ?

Do you have any files of the Eastern Gospels & Acts in Aramaic I could compare with the Western ?

An electronic edition will be invaluable.

• ,[font=Estrangelo (V1.1)]Fkrwbw Fwby+[/font]

Dave
Akhi Paul,

Did you get an email from me about Eastern & Western lexicons?
I'm not sure I'm getting emails to the proper persons here.

Anyhow, I had posted an inquiry on Aramaic Primacy on the subject directed to you and hadn't received a response, so I emailed it to you.

,[font=Estrangelo (V1.1)]Km9 Fwby+[/font]

Dave B