Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Refutation to Aramaic primacists
You came here with an agenda, but you started off on the wrong foot when you did, as you came in a critical and judgmental attitude, very unloving and very demeaning in how you projected your opinions in a I'm better than you way. But, I forgive you and hope that you don't know better, can't see it, and that when you see your actions for what they are, you will repent of them and do things differently in the future.

I still don't know what your name is, because it seems that you don't want to say who you really are. Why is that? Are you a person, or are you just letters typed from a keyboard? What is there to hide about yourself?

If you want people to take what you say seriously, or even begin to take the time to consider them, then you are going to have to be more personable and humble and honest. It may be hard to accept that you could be wrong about these things, but the 1st step to truth, is to have the humility that says I may be wrong.

I may be wrong about what I believe concerning the origin of the Eastern Aramaic New Testament, but so far, I have seen no real evidence that has convinced me that it isn't the Autographs in faithful copies, passed down unchanged by God's providence, His words not being lost in translation, or through the mistakes of scribes.

If you can show me, which verse or word in the Eastern Aramaic text, is corrupted, or isn't original as it was written by the Apostles and their helpers in the 1st century, then I challenge you to show it here.

So far, all you have done is give your personal opinions and the standard assumptions that are totally conjecture and not provable at all.

Your opinions may make sense to your mind, but that is not the test of truth...it has to be true, period, and it should be able to be proven true as well. Else it is just a personal opinion and belief.

And that's fine...but you haven't presented it as such, and you don't seem to be willing to look closer at the Aramaic text itself to see if there are proofs that the Aramaic is indeed the Original form of the New Testament. We have been doing that here, in many ways...and it keeps showing itself to be authentic.

Again, if you can point out a flaw in the text, or show that the text in any place must be a translation of the Greek text, then show it here. And if you believe that the Ivan Panin Numeric text is the original and perfect form of the New Testament, and proves that the Aramaic New Testament is a translation of a Greek text, then show us why, and how, and which one. Don't just say it is, show it is, if it is.

This will take many months and maybe years...are you willing to do the hard work, or are you just here to throw stones and tell us your opinions and assumptions are right, with no evidence?

Also, on the personal level...I have nothing to hide about who I am and am happy to share a bit of my background and faith with you.

My name is Chuck Hudson, and I'm a Christian, who believes everything that is taught in Holy Scripture, and by the help of The Holy Spirit am led into all Truth, and am enabled to live the Life of The Messiah, not being just a hearer of His Word, but also a doer of it as well.

My 1st experience of the Christian faith was among Protestant Christians, where my Grandparents would take me and my siblings to their gatherings for Sunday School and the following service, where Hymns were sung and a sermon was given about the teachings of the Bible.

This was during the late 1960's and on through the mid 1970's, off and on, when we would visit them pretty regularly.

It was in 1980 that I personally had an encounter with God, at the age of 14, as He spoke to me Himself through His Holy Spirit and led me to His Son, my Lord and Savior. I asked Him to forgive me for my sins and to save me, and He was very gracious to me and did so. I have never been the same person since, and my world view totally changed forever, going from a questioner to a knower. I have a deep and abiding love for The Holy Scriptures, His truth, His Holy Church...His People, and a hope that all people would come to the knowledge of the Truth, and be re-born spiritually by God's Holy Spirit, and live His Life out in a true and right devotion to His will.

If you want to know any particulars about me, I am happy and willing to share the details with you. I'm not your enemy.

-Chuck

Messages In This Thread
Re: Refutation to Aramaic primacists - by enarxe - 03-19-2014, 11:27 PM
Re: Refutation to Aramaic primacists - by enarxe - 03-20-2014, 10:36 PM
Re: Refutation to Aramaic primacists - by Aramaic - 03-21-2014, 03:29 AM
Re: Refutation to Aramaic primacists - by Thirdwoe - 03-23-2014, 07:50 PM
Re: Refutation to Aramaic primacists - by sestir - 04-03-2014, 06:13 PM
Re: Refutation to Aramaic primacists - by Matthew - 04-07-2014, 11:47 PM
Re: Refutation to Aramaic primacists - by Aramaic - 04-22-2014, 04:01 AM