Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aramaic diaspora in Greek speaking countries?
Arkady wrote
Quote:C'mon, judge. Paul did not speak Greek?! The Apostle of the Gentiles did not speak one of the most wide spread languages of those times?! Look what he says of himself:

"I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all" (1st Corinthians 15:18)

Two different topics are messed up: rukhanaya and napshanaya whereas they are completely different.

1. At the Pentecost (Acts) they spoke tongues as the Spirit made them to. To Corinthians Paul says who has gift of tongues, pray to get gift of interpretation of the tongues and when I pray in tongue, my spirit prays but mind is without fruit and the spirit speaks mysteries. It is between God and the spirit.
Only those who are baptized in the Spirit and experienced the spirituality can understand it completely whereas others produce different by-standing theories.

Concerning what Stephen mentioned about charismatic churches, so I was among them for a while.
I observed that they speak in tongues not being filled with the Spirit so I do not know what they are doing and it simply is scary for me what they do.

2. Natural learning of a language is learning by brain and the spirit has nothing to do here.
There is no proof in the Scriptures that Paul spoke or was fluent in Greek. You may take a phrase book, learn few expressions and go to China but not forget to take your friend-interpreter with yourself.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Aramaic diaspora in Greek speaking countries? - by Arkady - 02-21-2012, 07:38 PM
Re: Aramaic diaspora in Greek speaking countries? - by Arkady - 02-22-2012, 11:46 AM
Re: Aramaic diaspora in Greek speaking countries? - by IPOstapyuk - 02-22-2012, 05:08 PM
Re: Aramaic diaspora in Greek speaking countries? - by Arkady - 02-23-2012, 05:08 AM
Re: Aramaic diaspora in Greek speaking countries? - by Arkady - 02-23-2012, 04:02 PM