Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Diatessaron & The Eastern Peshitta Text
:

I have noticed that for Luke 22:17-18 and John 7:53-8:11, which are not in the Eastern Text of The Aramaic Peshitta New Testament Scriptures...The Diatessaron of Tatian also does not contain those verses. And it being from the time of about 160 A.D. tells me that The Eastern Peshitta Text is the most ancient and true Aramaic Text of the two versions, rather than the Western Peshitto Text, which has these verses in it....which looks to have come from the Greek text it used to incorparate these verses into the Aramaic Text.

Since Tatian does not find these verses in his Aramaic Text, he used to interweave the 4 Gospels, then the Eastern Peshitta readings in these two places must go back to at least 160 A.D....and since Tatian would have used the best and oldest copies...there is little doubt in my mind that it and the Eastern Peshitta is witness to the Autographs, rather than the Westen Peshitto for these two verses.

Blessings,
Chuck

Messages In This Thread
The Diatessaron & The Eastern Peshitta Text - by Thirdwoe - 09-25-2011, 10:36 PM