Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How established is Aramaic Primacy?
Shlama,

personally, although there have been great strides already in this area that supports the cause, i think the Peshitta Primacy movement is still in its infancy stage. nothing has yet been exhausted in this realm: there are multiple avenues of research taking place from people here, and yet there are definitely other avenues that have not yet been sufficiently addressed. so much more lay in store for us who are seeking to present an undeniably solid case. textually-speaking, the Peshitta has yet to be truly mined in order to bring out to the masses the plethora of instances that show it to be an obvious source-text by way of many facets.

all this takes time. the Greek-Primacy movement really seems to only have been in full swing since the 1800s, but it seems to be hitting a roadblock now, in my opinion. personally, i firmly believe this is all providence, for if such massive study into the Greek texts had never been performed, collating the variants and text-types, etc., then it would be much more difficult to prove the veracity of the Peshitta's reading, which can really only be appreciated once the witnesses of the Greek manuscripts are seen to be a spectrum that can be traced back to the light of the Peshitta. so for me, personally, i laud the efforts of those in the Greek-Primacy arena, for they have done most of the difficult work for us in establishing the witnesses that serve to show which text really is the most reliable -- the Aramaic! we joke about the "Zorban's" who were responsible for generating the Greek manuscripts, but in all honesty, we don't know who they were (Semitic?? Roman?? Latin?? Egyptian??), and we are ultimately in debt to their works, for it is by inspecting them that the truth of the Peshitta's authority comes to light.

praise Yah for His Word!

Chayim b'Moshiach,
Jeremy

Messages In This Thread
How established is Aramaic Primacy? - by Andrej - 09-12-2010, 08:24 PM
Re: How established is Aramaic Primacy? - by Burning one - 09-16-2010, 05:51 AM