Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From before the foundations of the world...
Quote:Where Metzger errs is that he seems to think that there was one homogenous "syrian church". Because the diatessaron was rooted out in some areas by western authorities Metzger makes the assumption that it was rooted out in all areas. Mezger assumes that because the diatessaron was used by some syrian churches it was the fundamental text used by all.
The fact that the diatessaron was translated into Arabic after this by a COE monk shows Metzger to be wrong.
That is why I linked you to Pauls thread...because it touches on this.
That the diatessaron was not the earliest NT used in the East can be seen from the fact that our earliest easren sources, the COE liturgy and Aphrahat quote from the letters of the peshitta.

As Metzger ignores these facts (or is ignorant of them) his work will be revised, one day, but as Max Planck wrote, the "true believers" will die mostly without converting.

Judge,

I think we're on to a good conversation. However, I'm under "the eye." So if I get deleted by the end of the day, you can email me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:ninesoulsinone@yahoo.com">ninesoulsinone@yahoo.com</a><!-- e -->. And thanx for being friendly.

Messages In This Thread
Re: From before the foundations of the world... - by Kara - 03-10-2009, 10:23 PM