Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Very Important Question...........
Ben Masada Wrote:
Dawid Wrote:He doesn't listen to me. Will someone please tell Albion that I believe that Christians and Nazarenes follow the same God? I've told him several times and he refuses to listen. I'm begging you guys to tell him for me. I don't think he reads my posts anymore.
----------------------------------

Well, my friend, you are not being clear enough in your explanation to him. The Nazarenes, that Jewish Sect of the First Century would worship a
Monotheistic God; I mean, the same God worshiped by mainstream Judaism. Christians, then, would worship a Trinitarian God. And they are not
the same. Modern Nazarenes today, took only the name of that Frist Century Jewish Sect, but they are as Christian as any other Chrsitian. So, here
you are right; they worship the same Trinitarian God. A Deity brought about by Christianity.
Ben
I am not a trinitarian. However, the argument that they are substantially different Divinities based on trinitarianism verses a stricter interpretation of monotheism is actually quite silly, in my humble opinion. It is splitting hairs. Christianity does not claim three separate beings, but rather three independently acting branches of a single Divine Entity. While I think this is wrong, it is a ridiculously extreme opinion to say that this makes the Gods of these two cousin religions different. Even the Lubavitcher Rebbe acknowledged that the two religions serve the same God, in a Thanksgiving address he referred to the God of the Christians as HaQodesh, Baruch Hu.

Messages In This Thread
Re: A Very Important Question........... - by Dawid - 02-28-2010, 09:14 PM