Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Life of Christ
Life of Christ

WWI. Grenades exploding, Greek Testaments bleeding, life and death incur a vision.

WWII. Darkness shrouding, skies falling, a Gospel ratifies the Padre???s sight.

1941, University of Rome. An author???s preface is forged in love.

D-Day; three weeks later. Nihil obstat sees way to Imprimatur courtesy Archbishop of Baltimore-Washington.

Now: Forgotten, abandoned, sitting dusty in a foreign state???s library basement, single dollar bill buys this fool for Christ a ragamuffin???s gild of out-of-print gold.

Sitting in solace, I sway in tears at the love dripping from these Forty???s pages. Could there be, God? Could there really be a priest, who love You, since Luther? Could there be a Catholic who had something to offer me? Some thing which benefit mankind, rather than take away? Alas, what other book can come to mind of recent, which yank my heart like this? My God, not an author at Amazon lacks a single star in their review, nor disagree on any point, that from the Gospel this truly be the greatest life of Christ ever written. And yes, from a catechetical and sacramental point of view. I weep in thanks.

Giuseppe Ricciotti, commander of Sacred Scripture; of Canon Law, of canon law of Rome, and canon law of Judaism.

I am interested to see those here in listening to some extractions from his ???Critical Introduction??? concerning ???The Sources???, if it please the reader.

Though a defender of the Apostolic language and their original oral catecheses as well as the earliest published Semitic text of Matthew being in that of Aramaic, based on what I can gather to come from not only Patristic writings but also some extant source (p.132-134), he nevertheless displays no seeming knowledge of the Eastern Church???s Peshitta:

Messages In This Thread
Life of Christ - by Amatsyah - 06-03-2008, 07:42 AM
Re: Life of Christ - by Amatsyah - 06-03-2008, 07:43 AM
Re: Life of Christ - by Amatsyah - 06-03-2008, 07:44 AM
Re: Life of Christ - by Amatsyah - 06-03-2008, 07:45 AM
Re: Life of Christ - by Amatsyah - 06-03-2008, 07:46 AM
Re: Life of Christ - by Amatsyah - 06-03-2008, 07:48 AM
Re: Life of Christ - by Amatsyah - 06-03-2008, 07:48 AM
Re: Life of Christ - by Amatsyah - 06-03-2008, 07:49 AM