Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get a load of this....
Aw-mayn w'aw-mayn Akhi Paul!

I think I understand all too well the need for my brother Semites, those from across as we like to say, to have a homeland of their own, or at the very least to return to their ancestral lands and be left alone.

Your people and the COE no more want "Catholic unity" than mine do. First they say to "respect" the papal descent, which then means you are, after 2000 years, finally under their thumb. Then they will tell you to bow and repent YOUR apostolic succession since after all Mar Keefa founded Rome and the reference to Babylon didn't mean Babylon...and on it goes. This is of course AFTER calling you by a name for 1600 years that had to do with a bishop from CONSTANTINOPLE, as if to say your Assembly doesn't pre date theirs when we know it does??? I feel this passion without even being a COE memeber, let alone a deacon, so I can only imagine how you feel Akhi Paul. I'll take one Qasha Klutz over anything Rome has to offer any day of the week.

And before anyone asks, this has nothing to do with the THEOLOGY of Rome or even individual Catholics and their beliefs but the HISTORICAL POLICY AND IMPLEMENTATION OF THAT POLICY IN THE RECORD. They got the SOC and Chaldean assemblies to join them (although I think the latter was kind of amalgamation supervised by Rome but I need to check to be sure) and now they are after one of the last true Semitic witnesses to the original Aramaic Word. We should make no mistake, if they succeed, it's the final victory of Constantine, nothing more and nothing less. They want to finish what they started, and if anyone doubts this or thinks I am over-blowing this, just read history. And if anyone doubts they would not use thier new-found influence to also alter that Peshitta or try to, I say again, read history. They did all these things before...

I remain though extremely hopeful the COE will always resist this. I am about as likely to encourage my brethren to join Rome as the COE is likely to do that as well, in my opinion. Don't let it happen--now or ever.

Shlama w'burkate
Andrew Gabriel Roth

Messages In This Thread
Get a load of this.... - by Paul Younan - 01-15-2008, 05:32 PM
Re: Get a load of this.... - by yaaqub - 01-15-2008, 05:48 PM
Re: Get a load of this.... - by *Albion* - 01-16-2008, 05:11 AM
Re: Get a load of this.... - by Andrew Gabriel Roth - 01-16-2008, 05:52 PM
Re: Get a load of this.... - by Paul Younan - 01-16-2008, 06:06 PM
Re: Get a load of this.... - by Paul Younan - 01-17-2008, 07:02 PM
Re: Get a load of this.... - by yaaqub - 01-17-2008, 09:25 PM
Re: Get a load of this.... - by Paul Younan - 01-17-2008, 09:41 PM
Re: Get a load of this.... - by yaaqub - 01-17-2008, 09:58 PM