Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Facts about the "Hebrew Primacy" movement
Everyone, let's please refrain from personal attacks. I hold the all-powerful administrator "delete" power, which I hate to use but will if need be. Please re-read the "Rules of the Forum" in the General forum and re-familiarize yourselves with the code of conduct.

Albion Wrote:I'm NOT Assyrian. Only by my desire am I in any way........Assyrian.

I'm convinced that the Blessed Apostles brought the True Faith in Messiah to the COE, as well as the Peshitta NT.

I'm touched to the very center of my heart by the Assyrian COE.

Akhi Albion - actually the major ethnic group in the CoE are Indians, if looking by pure numbers in today's Church. Actually ethnic Assyrians have always been a minority (albeit a historically significant part.)

My priest happens to be from a Sephardic Jewish lineage. In our parish there are African Americans, Indians, Germans, Hispanics, Assyrians and Arabs.....and plenty of just plain Americans. I probably forgot some groups.

The Church is "catholic" in the sense of its "Universal" nature - Meshikha came for all, and the CoE has always been "catholic".

It's only loosely called the "Assyrian" church in the same sense that the Latin rite is called "Roman" - it's the fact that the Petrine "seat" is in Mesopotamia, Babylon in particular. In that sense it's more geographically a "Chaldean" or "Babylonian" church in the sense that the Latin rite is a "Roman" church - how many "Romans" are actually in it?

Messages In This Thread
Re: Facts about the "Hebrew Primacy" movement - by Paul Younan - 01-14-2008, 01:30 AM