Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hebrew Primacy Movement Advancing
Dear Dave, Karl & Paul,

A few years after I found books about Aramaic Primacy from Lamsa, I was working in a Christian bookstore chain called 'Mardel's' (it's a chain of stores in the South actually) they (we) sold a great book called 'Jesus, Rabbi and Lord', by Dr. Robert Lindsey, who Pastored Narkis Street Congregation (formerly called 'Narkis Street Baptist Church') in Jerusalem, Israel.

Robert Lindsey moved to Israel in 1946 if I remember correctly, two years before Israel became a Nation again.

His idea's have swept 'the Hebrew Primacy Movement'.

He believed (Dr. Lindsey is deceased now) that the GREEK New Testament can be translated BACKWARDS into a very readable and speakable kind of common Hebrew.

His book that I mentioned above is now out of print and costs more than gold over at Amazon.com, but I have a copy that I bought out of a bargain book bin many years ago when I worked for Mardel's, for probably around two bucks.

Dr. Lindsey's research and ideas have also greatly influenced 'The Jerusalem School of Synoptic Research', in Jerusalem, Israel.

As much as I admire Dr. Lindsey's work, I DON'T think that translating the GREEK New Testament backwards into HEBREW is the correct way to find and understand our Hebrew/Aramaic Roots, and what language that Jesus (Yeshua) REALLY spoke.

But MOST of these ideas have come from Dr. Lindsey's early work along with Rabbi David Flusser's ideas (who I believe is dead now too).

Rabbi Flusser and Dr. Lindsey were close friends for many years.

I just wanted to throw this in here because it seems to fit into this thread.

Shlama, Albion

Messages In This Thread
Hebrew Primacy Movement Advancing - by gbausc - 12-08-2007, 04:29 PM
Re: Hebrew Primacy Movement Advancing - by gbausc - 12-09-2007, 12:43 AM
Re: Hebrew Primacy Movement Advancing - by Karl - 12-09-2007, 02:57 AM
Re: Hebrew Primacy Movement Advancing - by Karl - 12-09-2007, 06:14 PM
Re: Hebrew Primacy Movement Advancing - by *Albion* - 12-09-2007, 09:36 PM
Re: Hebrew Primacy Movement Advancing - by gbausc - 12-10-2007, 01:25 AM
Re: Hebrew Primacy Movement Advancing - by yaaqub - 12-14-2007, 08:12 PM