Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mattai 28:1 A question regarding the word 'first of the week
Dear Otto,

'The World Wide Church of God' was far preceded by 'The Church of God (Seventh Day), of which I am a member of (the Fort Smith, Arkansas Church).

I was immersed there in March, of 1999.

Herbert W. Armstrong was expelled (forcibly removed) from The Church of God (Seventh Day) because he would NOT cease his preaching of the false doctrine of "British Israelism".

The Church of God (Seventh Day) AND "The World Wide Church of God" believed, and STILL believes, that Maran Yeshua was entombed on Wednesday, and Rose at the very end of Shabbat.

Herbert Armstrong believed exactly the same thing about the 3 Day and 3 Night Entombment of Yeshua.

This has been a fundamental part of The Church of God (Seventh Day) doctrine since it's beginning out of the Millerite Movement, in the 1800's.

Just wanted to get the Church of God (Seventh Day) doctrine right.

Thanks for reading my post.

Shlama, Albion

P.S. This would have made Passover beginning at sundown Tuesday Evening, going to sundown Wednesday evening, which also encompasses the time of Our Lord's murder (at around 3:00 PM Wednesday afternoon).

ograabe Wrote:As I understand it, in Eastern logic, any part of a day is counted as one day. Friday afternoon counts as one day, Saturday counts as one day, and Sunday morning counts as one day.

Several years ago the so-called "World Wide Church of God" claimed that the "high Sabbath" refered to in the scripture was actually the Passover, which started on Wednesday night in Holy Week. Jesus had already risen by Sunday, so the time in the tomb was Thursday, Friday, and Saturday--three days and three nights.

Food for thought?

Otto

Messages In This Thread
Re: Mattai 28:1 A question regarding the word 'first of the week - by *Albion* - 08-02-2008, 08:23 PM