Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Lord's Prayer: A WORSE "Translation" Then Neil
Dave Wrote:I want to interject here. It's common knowledge that this person running the site is a fraud with far-out beliefs.

But,.....

What i wanted to know, is if the khabouris that is pictured on that site is the same as the well known Peshitta. You guys are able to read it ( or for the most part that you can see), so you tell me.

Is there any difference???????

This has been surround in a bit of secrecy for a long time. So, look at it you aramaic gurus, and tell me if you see any difference.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://whyagain.com/KhaburisKhaboris/index.php">http://whyagain.com/KhaburisKhaboris/index.php</a><!-- m -->

Shlama Akhi,

The Khabouris came from a church in the mountains of Turkey from which my Grandparents came. The manuscript was in the possession of the Church of the East until they had to flee from the genocide against the Christians commited by the Turks during 1915-1918.

The manuscript is the same as any other Peshitta manuscript - and they are the basis for the modern printed version.

As I replied to your post on the other forum, we've been comparing the Khabouris and the printed version during the translation of the Interlinear here and they are identical (except for some very small scribal errors/misspellings).

There's nothing special about the Khabouris - it's just another Peshitta manuscript that's the same as all the others. It's not even the oldest one - the Khabouris has been dated to the 12th century by carbon-dating (I spoke with its owners, the MacDougald's).

The oldest Peshitta manuscripts are about 800 years older than the Khabouris. (the Mortimer-Mcawley collection, Sinai Syriac 3, etc.)
+Shamasha Paul bar-Shimun de'Beth-Younan
[Image: sig.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
The Lord's Prayer: A WORSE "Translation" Then Neil - by Thadman (Computer Lab) - 09-28-2003, 10:05 PM
[No subject] - by Dave - 09-28-2003, 10:45 PM
[No subject] - by Paul Younan - 09-29-2003, 01:57 AM
I checked it out a little - by Larry Kelsey - 09-29-2003, 01:58 AM
[No subject] - by Dave - 09-29-2003, 02:10 AM
[No subject] - by Dave - 09-29-2003, 02:23 AM
[No subject] - by Paul Younan - 09-29-2003, 02:30 AM
Khabboris questions - by Andrew Gabriel Roth - 10-08-2003, 10:09 PM
Re: Khabboris questions - by Craig - 10-08-2003, 10:19 PM
Khabborris question - by Andrew Gabriel Roth - 10-09-2003, 09:20 AM
[No subject] - by Paul Younan - 10-09-2003, 01:11 PM