Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peshitta Tanakh question
Point well taken, akhi! The Peshitta Tanach stands as yet another pillar of the truth, together with the LXX (and no less significant), since it was also translated by the Jews of that time.... who had nothing to gain by tampering with the evidence. It is so unfortunate that the prejudice of men so easily spoils the intentions of God. I have read somewhere that the Jewish (or were they Samaritan?...I can't remember) community who were involved in the original translation of the Tanach into Aramaic eventually became Christians. What a treasure it would be to have the Peshitta Tanach written in the Palestinian script (asshuri) again. Would this not be a help for the seeking Jew? Could this not help to broaden the minds of all seekers of truth? I, personally, would love to have a copy of such a text...if such a Peshitta exists!! If not, wouldn't this be a worthwhile project...it would certainly get things going and quite possibly open up a dialogue with our Jewish cousins. Aren't their teachers misleading them through control of the meaning of the scriptural text? There is nothing worse than being sincere yet wrong. Does anyone else feel the same way about this?

Again, if anyone has heard of the Peshitta Tanach written in the Asshuri (square) script (hopefully with vowel pointing), can you let me know where I might find one (or more)? Thanks!

Yochanan
knowledge without understanding is just more clutter in the mind but with the framework of love one can build (edify) with it.

Messages In This Thread
Peshitta Tanakh question - by Andrew Gabriel Roth - 01-29-2004, 01:48 AM
[No subject] - by Rob - 01-29-2004, 02:13 AM
Peshitta Tanakh/MT - by Andrew Gabriel Roth - 01-30-2004, 04:08 AM
[No subject] - by Yochanan - 03-04-2004, 05:35 PM
Re: - by Larry Kelsey - 03-04-2004, 06:57 PM
[No subject] - by Dave - 03-05-2004, 03:29 PM
[No subject] - by gbausc - 03-05-2004, 08:57 PM
[No subject] - by Yochanan - 03-06-2004, 01:59 AM
[No subject] - by Dave - 03-06-2004, 05:24 AM
[No subject] - by Yochanan - 03-08-2004, 10:43 PM