Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remarks in the Khabouris manuscript margin
Thanks Steve for making it crystal clear there.

And you are grossly misrepresenting our previous discussion, which was on another subject, as you recall. I had asked about this matter near the end of that discussion, and you said if I were interested, to message you about in privet. I did so, and you never answered back, as you said you would.

So, it is as I had thought then, Steve.

---> There is no "Aramaic New Testament" present on your site, or a part of your project. Yet, you call your website "http://aramaicnt.org/ and the main page reads in big letters "The Aramaic New Testament", yet, what you have there for your project isn't the Aramaic New Testament at all.

At least David Bauscher, whose website called aramaicnt.com, (nearly identical in name as yours), has a certain hybrid version of the actual Aramaic New Testament, albeit a heavily influenced one by the Greek NT text. His isn't The Aramaic New Testament i.e. The Peshitta either, but a version of it, with added books, and interpolated verses translated from the Greek text.

Steve, what you have there is The Greek New Testament text, given in an English translation (WEB), with your interpolated transliterations taken from The Greek NT (Alexandrian version).

As you say there: "We have taken a public domain version of the Canonical Gospels..." i.e. The Greek Gospels of the Alexandrian variety, given in a public domain English translation (WEB) of its text.

---> Which is NOT The Aramaic New Testament, but only a certain Greek NT.

As you say there: "The Greek New Testament served as the structural base for each reconstruction,..."

Which is NOT The Aramaic New Testament, but the Greek NT.

So, the whole text there is just a certain Greek text version, translated in English, and the transliterated interpolations from you, given in what you think might have been a dialect Jesus and His Apostles may have used, which is also from the Greek NT text (Alexandrian version).

So, why have you called your website, "The Aramaic New Testament"???

Steve, your "Aramaic Words Translation" is The Greek New Testament (of the Alexandrian text type), with some transliterated Aramaic words taken from that Greek text.

Again, I don't see any Aramaic New Testament at your site, which is called AramaicNT.org, and has "The Aramaic New Testament" as the main page title. Which I think is very disingenuous.

Dylan said:
Quote:I think The Aramaic Words Translation will be fascinating once completed. Comparing what's there to the Peshitta will be very fun!

Hi Dylan, what would be "fun" about comparing The Peshitta's text, with The Alexandrian Greek text?

We can do that, without needing to read a "reconstructed" hypothetical dialect, transliterated from the Greek text.

I don't call that having any fun at all, but a total waste of time. Have you spent any money on this yet? I hope not.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Remarks in the Khabouris manuscript margin - by Thirdwoe - 10-01-2014, 05:04 AM