Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ancient Aramaic Translation of the Eastern Peshitta
ScorpioSniper2 Wrote:Interesting, though I'd recommend making a smoother translation along with it if you plan to publish and sell. It'll be an original approach, definitely, and probably a very useful study tool.
Thanks Scorpio. Once it is complete, I will be rearranging the words to fit English grammar and adding the necessary 'of, is, are', etc in brackets where needed. What I wish to show is how various words in Hebrew are related by their roots, and how each of the words meanings are related in some way to our senses of sight, taste, smell, touch, and hearing.

As a small example: What do a spoon, the sole of a foot, and the palm of a hand have in common? (this is a fairly easy example)

They all have a curve in them, and are represented by the same root letters that depict that action of curving. So in my translation I have them as curved> [thing] and curved> [part]. You can now actually see that these two words have a relationship.

What do a wilderness, a word, and a bee, have in common?

They all are structured (which is an orderly arrangement). A word is the structuring of letters together, bees make a hive consisting of structured cells, and a wilderness, if one looks carefully, is structured according to terrain, elevation, etc. So in my translation I have them as a structured> [area], [verbal]> structure, and a structured> [animal].

I have literally been going over each and every Hebrew and Aramaic word, one by one, over the course of about 10 years, as I come across them in the text, and have seen this pattern play out consistently again and again.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Ancient Aramaic Translation of the Eastern Peshitta - by gregoryfl - 09-24-2014, 06:23 PM