Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Article claims to debunk Aramaic as Yeshua's language
Jeremy,

Thanks for your point about Acts 1:19. That's a great one.

Paul,

Thanks for your latest addition which points out from the GNT itself the linguistic problems with Mr.Minge's theory.

To both of you, this is the kind of high-quality stuff that is extremely helpful in straightening out the issue that the referenced article raised. It may seem simple to you, but please remember that "obvious" is relative! I may not be completely ignorant, but as I am only an amateur autodidact in these Hebrew & Aramaic studies, I intend to be very careful and defer to those more knowledgeable. I would not want to put myself out there critiquing the article from my ignorance only to be embarrassed by it being shown that my lack of understanding misled me. It is better to place oneself at the worst seat rather than the best.

Now, however, should I find myself faced with this kind of material, I will be able to point the challenger here, where those who know their stuff have thoroughly disassembled the argument and shown it invalid.

Again, thanks all.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Article claims to debunk Aramaic as Yeshua's language - by rramlow - 02-03-2013, 01:25 AM