Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tanakh is canoned in AD90's? How about Falasha's
Shlama Akhi Dawid,

I have deleted posts on this thread that I thought were either taken the wrong way and led to your very inflammatory post as well your most recent post and my own responses. I do not know where your rage comes from but I do want to try and help it. I will not respond back with my own anger and this is not the place for name calling and base accusations. I am hurt by what you said but also want you to know I did not mean to hurt you in any way with what I said.

Brothers should not act this way, myself included. I apologize for my part in enraging you so.

I think perhaps we are at cross-purposes. I don't understand you and you don't understand me. That's fine. But please don't say I shut down all debate. That's not true. And please don't bring Trimm into this as if he never did anythng wrong. That's not even appropriate to mention. As for Bauscher, I basically used his own posts here to make my case, and I was hardly alone in that endeavor.

But other than the plagiarism allegations, I think you will be hard pressed to find an example of me shutting you down and I don't really think I shut you down there either, to be honest. Those charges on AENT are deeply personal and hurtful and so yes, I fight them hard, as I think would anyone in my position.

I am sorry that we both happen to be under grievous circumstances, but to say that doesn't matter is wrong. And I fought you on the "shlama akhi" thing because, in addition to the religious reasons I mentioned, I knew you were hiding rage. And you proved me correct.

I have done nothing to try to hurt you and apologize for any statements or actions that you may have taken as such. It was not my intention. I vigorously contend and I just don't like it when people attack my integrity.

If you engage in the vicious name calling you did just now, I promise I will lock any thread you are on. If you wish to debate anything else with me, feel free. Just some kindness and respect from you would be nice. I will do my best to moderate my tone to you in return.
Shlama w'burkate
Andrew Gabriel Roth

Messages In This Thread
An open letter to Dawid - by Andrew Gabriel Roth - 05-16-2009, 06:19 PM
Re: An open letter to Dawid - by Dawid - 05-17-2009, 02:10 AM