Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An important distinction in the Aramaic text
I understand that The Messiah is not His own Father. I don't have that problem. The Peshitta does rightly divide the humanity of The Messiah from His Divinity, but does not divide His Divinity from that of The Father. In His Divinity, Messiah is indeed YHWH, The Word manifested in the flesh, He who is God incarnate. See John 1:1: Again...a very important distinction found in The Aramaic Peshitta Text, and which The Holy Apostolic Church has preserved in the copies readings down through all these centuries, unchanged.

After a bit of searching, it looks like the verse is really in Psalm 136:2-3, which both Lamsa and Bauscher show, but, Bauscher does a little trick there I see.

Psa 136:3 "Give thanks to Lord of Dominions, for his mercies are to eternity." Bauscher
Psa 136:3 "O give thanks to the LORD of Lords; for his mercies endure forever." Lamsa

It is 'Marya'...and Lamsa puts 'The LORD', which Bauscher puts simply 'Lord', which seems strange to me. Marya is clearly God in this passage, not just some odd 'Lord'.

Peshitta clearly shows us that The Father is Marya, and that The Son is Marya, and that The Holy Spirit is Marya.

Shlama,
Chuck

Messages In This Thread
Re: An important distinction in the Aramaic text - by Thirdwoe - 06-05-2013, 11:08 PM