Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Concerning the Cross and the Pole
Rafa Wrote:
Quote:look at the letter TAW. it is clearly a cross, and this is the form of Hebrew used BEFORE the Exodus events, so it predates PaleoHebrew, which was influenced by the Aramaics script.

Something interesting : according to the Zohar, the letter TAW was the mark placed on Cain to protect him. Makes sense no? The Cross. He received the mark of God to protect him.

Shlama akhi,

while i agree the Qayin's sign was for protection definitely, i don't know that it was on his forehead. Scripture doesn't tell us that much. also, it wasn't necessarily a "mark" even, it was more of a sign. perhaps his nomadic lifestyle was the sign itself; formerly he was agriculturally-minded, but since the curse had to do with not getting produce from his efforts, perhaps it forced him to do the No[d]/wandering thing, and that was the sign to all who met him. if he was driven from such a lifestyle, what more worse lifestyle would somebody end up with if they were to be avenged seven-fold?

also, do you know where in the Zohar it specifies it being a TAW? i'm not well acquainted with the Zohar, but i thought it just mentioned it being a Hebrew letter. does it actually say it was the TAW?

Ezekiel saw his vision in chapter 9 of the book that describes the righteous having the TAW written upon their foreheads, though, so maybe that is what you are thinking of? just wondering....

Chayim b'Moshiach,
Jeremy

Messages In This Thread
Concerning the Cross and the Pole - by roottoor - 10-09-2010, 05:09 PM
Re: Concerning the Cross and the Pole - by sean - 10-10-2010, 09:21 AM
Re: Concerning the Cross and the Pole - by Burning one - 10-11-2010, 07:34 AM
Re: Concerning the Cross and the Pole - by Havah - 12-25-2010, 09:53 AM
Re: Concerning the Cross and the Pole - by Havah - 02-26-2011, 10:21 AM
Re: Concerning the Cross and the Pole - by dr p - 03-01-2011, 05:26 PM