Poll: Who will win Tomorrow's Election?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mar Gewargis
100.00%
11 100.00%
Mar Yukhanan
0%
0 0%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will win tomorrow?
Dave,

You are welcome to come join me for dinner some time, and I will be glad to discuss this with you further. I am not interested, however, in taking part in an protracted vitriolic debate on the internet. Through no fault of your own, you seem to be getting caught up in semantic noise and missing some very critical points in my messages, and I don't have time to keep redirecting the conversation.

There are numerous people within our own era who have taken on the vocation to which the Sermon calls us, notably Lucretia Mott, Gandhi, Dr. King, and hundreds of others. These peacemakers have fearlessly engaged some of the most intense and violent situations with the tidings of the Gospel to lift their brothers and sisters ??? even their enemies ??? out of lives of injustice and despair. Many of them have given up their lives, but it is almost unbelievable the number of lives they have transformed. It is irresponsible to call such people "namby pamby;" they may have been singularly heroic, but if we devoted as much time and energy and training in learning to fulfill the Gospel as we do to its abrogation, perhaps the deeds of these would not stand out so starkly in our culture.

War itself is only a symptom of a far deeper malady ??? we must live "in the virtue of that life and power that takes away the occasion of all wars." I do not advocate a passive role for Christians. I agree with you that we must uproot evil in this world; we must uproot it in our own hearts and in our families and communities. Our Father has given us the means to uproot evil by the power of redemptive forgiveness. For those who are servants of the new covenant, God has established a way to transform mankind.
se7en Wrote:And if christianity in his name is not about his teachings of how we should forgive, understand, be compassionate, charitable, not greedy, etc. etc..then it makes one wonder what is the real value of religion... it should be to make us good and closer to God through our goodness and contributers to humanity through our compassion and charity and kindess, but instead, it seems to be used as a tool to help the human mind deny the evil and wrongs it does, by saying i am a good person of religion and of God, so I don't have to really think about my deeds and words and thoughts, so I can be selfish and greedy and brainwashed... that is why although still a follower of Jesus' divine teachings, I no longer have affliations with any hypocritical religious institutes.
Shushan,

Thank you for your loving words. I understand your difficulty. It is evident that our world will continue its inertial descent into apocalyptic nihilism until regular folks are willing to turn off their televisions and focus on healing the divisions in their own communities. This work of teaching and healing through redemptive forgiveness was the backbone of Yeshua's earthly ministry.

James 4:1-2: Yaqub/James the Apostle Wrote:From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members? Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.
This culture seems to have prevailed among the early disciples of "the Way" until the time of Constantine, when Christianity was ordained into service of the Empire.

Evangelical Christians are being demeaned, debased, and exploited by the prevailing order of domination & violence in our society, an order which is being perpetuated by powers on both ends of the political spectrum - perhaps more insidiously than any other group in the US. It may be tempting to count ourselves outside of that community, but I see that as a bad turn. Our separated brethren must be embraced with patience & determination. We must do nothing to turn them away from God.

Each of us must listen deeply and intensely for our own calling in the century before us, and then work toward it with loving devotion regardless of the suffering that it entails.
Romans 12:1: Shaul the Apostle Wrote:I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
May our service be guided and blessed by Our Father.

loving regards,
john paul
--
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://beardedbaby.net/">http://beardedbaby.net/</a><!-- m -->
--
"Take heed, dear Friends, to the promptings of love and truth in your hearts, which are the leadings of GOD." - London Yearly Meeting Advices, 1964

Messages In This Thread
Who will win tomorrow? - by Paul Younan - 11-01-2004, 09:30 PM
Re: Who will win tomorrow? - by oozeaddai - 11-02-2004, 02:46 AM
[No subject] - by gbausc - 11-02-2004, 05:20 PM
[No subject] - by se7en - 11-02-2004, 05:37 PM
Delerious - by Zechariah14 - 11-03-2004, 12:41 AM
wowq - by se7en - 11-03-2004, 01:29 PM
[No subject] - by bar_khela - 11-03-2004, 05:09 PM
[No subject] - by peshitta_enthusiast - 11-03-2004, 09:59 PM
okay so Bush won... - by se7en - 11-04-2004, 12:23 AM
Bin Ladin & Kerry - by gbausc - 11-04-2004, 05:02 PM
hmmm - by se7en - 11-06-2004, 02:02 AM