Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dave B's New Peshitta Research Site, complements of Dan Gan
Gentlemen,
Dan has kindly offered his web site for my articles on The Peshitta Bible codes and primacy word studies.

Here is an intro to one of the articles I have posted there for you to read: Greek & Aramaic in The Peshitta NT

Here is a word-translation study in The Peshitta- (1905 Syriac NT- Online Bible) and The 1991 Byzantine Greek NT

The premise of this study is that The Greek NT , in all of its forms and text types, (Majority Byzantine and Westcott & Hort Ed. are studied here), is a translation of The Peshitta-Peshitto New Testament (Western 27 book canon). In the Greek text we find The Aramaic root word for ???Aramaic??? was translated into the Greek word for ???Greek??? almost consistently (20 out of the 22 occurrences of ???Aramaic??? ).

(Do you catch the drift of this finding ?)

This is a symbolic and microcosmic phenomenon , highlighting with 20 red flags from Mark to John through Acts, Romans, Corinthians, Galatians, Colossians and Revelation 9:11-Crawford ms., the fact that The Greek New Testament is a radical cultural modification of The original Aramaic New Testament behind it ???( The Peshitta NT text)-I will use this title to refer also to The Western Peshitto),which is translated ,quite literally, from ???Aramaic??? to ???Greek???.

The converse scenario (Greek to Aramaic) cannot hold, as I will demonstrate further on.

The words are :In the Greek text "ellhn, ellhnisthv" ,which mean ,???a Greek???,???Greek language??? while The Peshitta has in its place [font=Estrangelo (V1.1)]"0ymr0"[/font] -(???Aramaean???) and , [font=Estrangelo (V1.1)]"tymr0 - tymr0"[/font] ,(???Aramaic???) & [font=Estrangelo (V1.1)]"0ynwy , ty0nwy"[/font]???(???a Greek???, ???Greek language???).

This study will support the premise that The majority of Greek mss. represent a text that was translated from the Aramaic of The Peshitta NT and that in 20 out of the 22 places [font=Estrangelo (V1.1)]the words, "ty0mr0 , tymr0, 0ymr0"[/font] ,-(???Aramaean, Aramaic???) occur, the Greek translator substituted the words,"ellhn, ellhnisthv"-(???Greek???).

This holds for The Byzantine text and for Westcott & Hort???s critical edition- (19 out of 22 for W&H NT).

The links for this and other articles are:

http://dave.ultimasurf.com/
http://www.ultimasurf.net/bible/peshitta/

The article quoted above is - Greek & Aramaic in The Peshitta NT.

I will update these on my Aramaic Bible codes forum here at Peshitta.org. There are Bible Codes articles also. Original NT Discovered is 27 pages summarizing
codes studies I have done. What is a Bible Code ? may be helpful to some also.

I will be uploading more soon.

Shlama w' burkhtha,

Dave Bauscher
Shlama, Dave Bauscher
Congratulations on Your website!
It has a very important materials.
You are doing a great work.
God bless Your website, in the allmighty name of Jesus.
Ivan.
Dear, David Bauscher, I have read Your book "What is a Bible Code?" I paid attention to few extracts:
??????thus covering 96% of the New Testament.???
???If one letter of this 96% of The NT were deleted or one letter added to it, this Christmas code about The birth of Christ would not exist.???
Good!!!So, we can check the order. As we know, the 22 books of the eastern and western traditions differ not only by letters, but by words also. Dave, please tell us which tradition fits the order and keeps the code going on? What about 5 more books? I want to see the original!
Also, what about 4% not mentioned?
Thanks a lot!
Shlama Ivan,

The code referred to is 25 letters long in Hebrew; This is a Hebrew message:
" Where should The Son of God lodge ? Jesus shall bud forth in a manger."

It starts at 2 Peter 1:2, letter 13- "Lamed" ; then skipping 18,474 letters , we find the letter "He" (moving through the NT) ; skip another 18,474 letters and there you come to another Lamed . Continue again 18,474 letters and you find the letter "Nun or Nuwn" . At that point , you have the first word of the code - Lhan -"Lodge" . This process continues to the end of Revelation and then circles back to Matthew , each time skipping 18,474 letters for a total of 24 times to obtain 25 letters of the entire message.

24 X 18,474 = 443376 letters.
Since the Western edition I have used in the Codefinder program for Bible Codes has 461,094 letters (27 books) , the code search covers 443,376/ 461,094 , or 96% of the entire NT . The last letter of the code is in Acts 27:10 , letter 61.

Therefore , if any other text or edition is used, or if one letter is added or deleted, this code would disappear .

The text is the Eastern text of Matthew & Mark (identical ) and the 1905 Syriac NT version of John ,Acts, Romans, I Corinthians and through the rest of the NT, as found in The Online Bible computer program Millenium edition (The Peshitta add on and the program is free.)

The Eastern text agrees exactly with almost every book of this Western edition except in some of 2 Corinthians through Hebrews, where there are
17 letters more in The Eastern text.
The Gospel of Luke in Codefinder has 56 more letters than either the Eastern or the 1905 Syrian NT edition version of Luke. Apparently the Eastern and 1905 versions of Luke are identical as welll. I cannot tell you where you can obtain the one I used , except to say it is available with my Codefinder program on CD. It is not a text one could sit down and read, as it designed only for Bible codes searching.
The Online Bible edition seems to be the most accurate available and should be the same as the 1979 Syriac Bible, published by United Bible Society, which I have also.
This is based on critical editions of Gwilliams and Pusey , 1901 & 1905, for the Gospels , comparing 42 ancient Peshitta-Peshitto mss. Gwilliams also published a critical edition of Paul's epistles in 1915, which is used in the former Bibles mentioned and John Gwynn's critical edition of The Catholic epistles finishes the rest, including the Crawford manuscript of Revelation.

The book of Acts in the OLB & Codefinder version has 1 letter less than The Eastern Peshitta- They follow the Western reading of Acts 20:28, which is one letter shorter " the church of God" than the Eastern reading ,"
The church of Christ".

Exciting , isn't it ?

B'urkhtha ,

Dave B
since your into the more interesting aspects of GOD's word, Craig was playing around with the different names and their alternate meanings. They would tell a story at times in decending fashion within the lists. I couldn't find the section that he had done that in, I will continue looking, but that had a really interesting aspect to it also.
gbausc Wrote:The book of Acts in the OLB & Codefinder version has 1 letter less than The Eastern Peshitta- They follow the Western reading of Acts 20:28, which is one letter shorter " the church of God" than the Eastern reading ,"
The church of Christ".
Thank You for the reply to my question, o, Dave B.,
You gave a lot of information which I cannot catch everything.
Based on this quote, I want to ask You straight: what do the codes say about which one is the original text: Eastern or Western?
That is the point.
Thank You.
Ivan.
Quote:Shlama Ivan,

The code referred to is 25 letters long in Hebrew; This is a Hebrew message:
" Where should The Son of God lodge ? Jesus shall bud forth in a manger."

It starts at 2 Peter 1:2, letter 13- "Lamed" ; then skipping 18,474 letters , we find the letter "He" (moving through the NT) ; skip another 18,474 letters and there you come to another Lamed . Continue again 18,474 letters and you find the letter "Nun or Nuwn" . At that point , you have the first word of the code - Lhan -"Lodge" . This process continues to the end of Revelation and then circles back to Matthew , each time skipping 18,474 letters for a total of 24 times to obtain 25 letters of the entire message.

24 X 18,474 = 443376 letters.
Since the Western edition I have used in the Codefinder program for Bible Codes has 461,094 letters (27 books) , the code search covers 443,376/ 461,094 , or 96% of the entire NT . The last letter of the code is in Acts 27:10 , letter 61.

Therefore , if any other text or edition is used, or if one letter is added or deleted, this code would disappear .

The text is the Eastern text of Matthew & Mark (identical ) and the 1905 Syriac NT version of John ,Acts, Romans, I Corinthians and through the rest of the NT, as found in The Online Bible computer program Millenium edition (The Peshitta add on and the program is free.)

The Eastern text agrees exactly with almost every book of this Western edition except in some of 2 Corinthians through Hebrews, where there are
17 letters more in The Eastern text.
The Gospel of Luke in Codefinder has 56 more letters than either the Eastern or the 1905 Syrian NT edition version of Luke. Apparently the Eastern and 1905 versions of Luke are identical as welll. I cannot tell you where you can obtain the one I used , except to say it is available with my Codefinder program on CD. It is not a text one could sit down and read, as it designed only for Bible codes searching.
The Online Bible edition seems to be the most accurate available and should be the same as the 1979 Syriac Bible, published by United Bible Society, which I have also.
This is based on critical editions of Gwilliams and Pusey , 1901 & 1905, for the Gospels , comparing 42 ancient Peshitta-Peshitto mss. Gwilliams also published a critical edition of Paul's epistles in 1915, which is used in the former Bibles mentioned and John Gwynn's critical edition of The Catholic epistles finishes the rest, including the Crawford manuscript of Revelation.

The book of Acts in the OLB & Codefinder version has 1 letter less than The Eastern Peshitta- They follow the Western reading of Acts 20:28, which is one letter shorter " the church of God" than the Eastern reading ,"
The church of Christ".

I have not asked "the codes" for an answer to this question. The long Jesus code mentioned above gives evidence that the Western canon is the original inspired text as do the thousands of Divine Name codes I have found. As far as the texts of the two versions are concerned, they are identical in most of the 22 books common to both versions -(The computer version I used & The Eastern text). Only Luke , John, & Hebrews seem to differ, along with 1 letter difference in Acts !
The Online Bible Western version I mentioned has 39 more letters than The Eastern text in The Gospels thru Acts and 17 fewer letters in 2 Cor. thru Hebrews.I think the differences between the two have been grossly overemphasized. These two versions may as well be the same version ,aside from the difference in the number of books and John 7:53-8:11.
The Western canon however reveals a highly significant code effect overall which is slightly greater than that of The Eastern Peshitta's 22 book canon, in the Divine Names experiment. Both are extremely significant; control Hebrew texts show nothing like them.
If the 5 Catholic epistles-Apocalypse were not inspired, the 27 book canon would fail to improve results; the results would be insignificant.
Word pairs of cognate Aramaic & Greek comparisons, which I have posted on my new web site also confirm that the entire 27 book Peshitto NT is the original of which The Greek NT is a translation.

Please study that material)Peshitta-Greek Primacy Tests ); I will be soon posting more there of a new study on "Glory" in Greek-Aramaic, which further validates previous results.

[font=Estrangelo (V1.1)]Km9 Fwby+[/font]

Dave B
This is very interesting Dave!

Seems like your studies are starting to show some evidence towards things that are believed by people on here. Maybe your studies actually are leading to a proof of not just originality but inspiration!

Does revelation show codes? I know Larry was working on that.
Hi Dave,

Yes, Revelation and the four other Catholic Epistles together have codes in the edition of Gwynn, used in the 1979 Syriac Bible & Online Bible ME Syriac NT. This is from the Crawford manuscript and some others for this section.

These same mss. show by their word patterns that they are not translations from Greek. The Greek of the Majority Text and the Greek of Westcott & Hort's beloved Vaticanus & Sinaiticus also came from the Peshitto.

There are hundreds of Greek and Aramaic word data testifying to this in these NT books.

[font=Estrangelo (V1.1)] Km9 Fwby+ [/font] - Grace with you,

Dave B
Again, very interesting Dave!

I read through some of your material you posted on your site. This has some very neat applications.

From your understanding, the so-called catholic epistles add to the text in a good way. This was the first time I seen a method to check this somehow outside of The Holy Spirits leading. Would this technique be beneficial in checking sections that have been debated as possible later additions and interpolations? I know some manuscripts don't have the aduteress section, the John comma, etc. Is this useful in determining if they are legitimate?

The more I understand this the more I'm impressed how you stuck by your convictions on this Dave!