Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is The Lamsa Bible?
banthee Wrote:Does the bible speak of someone praising themselves and putting others down? I have a friend that does this and he keeps telling me what a wonderful christian he is so I was wondering is there anything in the bible that talks about this. Also is there anything that talks about needing to be the center of attention and believing that it is ok to yell at scream at others. Please can someone help me on this.
Jesus said "i am humble", and he was speaking against scribes, pharisees,and priests. Paul was kind of praising himself, and he also criticised Peter at least once. He also said he laboured more than all the 12 apostles.
But, obviously, boasting is not christian behaviour, and Jesus and Paul both showed on very many occasions, where they humbled themselves. It seems to me, that Jesus and Paul both only said what really needed to be said, that's it. Your "friend" sounds strange to me. Ask him what's the purpose behind him telling people how awesome he is. Since he's proud, his given purpose won't fit his statements (like, he could say, "so that people know how good Jesus is", but if his words are not focused on how JESUS made him so great and awesome, that's obviously not true.
Jesus is the one true God of the Bible.

Messages In This Thread
What is The Lamsa Bible? - by Paul Younan - 05-27-2004, 03:34 PM
Re: What is The Lamsa Bible? - by Andrej - 09-12-2010, 07:32 PM
Re: What is The Lamsa Bible? - by banthee - 10-06-2010, 10:15 AM
Re: What is The Lamsa Bible? - by Andrej - 10-06-2010, 08:51 PM
Re: What is The Lamsa Bible? - by IPOstapyuk - 12-13-2011, 01:23 AM
Re: What is The Lamsa Bible? - by ASonofGod - 11-03-2012, 07:43 PM
Re: What is The Lamsa Bible? - by distazo - 11-03-2012, 11:20 PM
Re: What is The Lamsa Bible? - by monalisa - 05-29-2013, 03:05 PM