Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peshitta OT
Akhi George,

Both Masoretic and Peshitta OT text were carefully written and kept by the hands of pious well-trained Jewish scribes who would not dare to change the text of their scripture although they found some the so-called "inconsistencies". There are many cases that indeed the scribes changed the words, but at all the places they changed, they consistently wrote down the reason and explaination. On the other hand, the Septuagint were rewritten again-and-again by the hand of Gentiles who would easily change the text of the scriptures without giving any reason or explaination in the side margin. That's why we now find hundreds of different variants of Septuagint (and also Greek NT), contrary to the Masoretic and Peshitta text.

I believe the Septuagint that Ograabe quoted is the result of an attempt to fix such "inconsistencies". Almost all translators may have the same tendency.

Shlama,

Armen.
Shlama Akhi Armen,

I strongly believe that our Elohim/God is a God of consistency and a God of Order --- and up to now "only" the Septuaguint is demonstrating this consistency especially on the related verses being discussed.

I do hope that other newly discovered Version will soon be available to all of us. It's a pity all of the mainstream versions bear the same "distorted" inconsistent verses.

George
Akhi George,

Which Septuagint is the correct one ? There are several versions of it with variants galore !
These versions were not copied nearly as carefully as The Massoretic text or the Peshitta text.

What,was the translation better than the original Hebrew ?
Everyone who knows History knows the LXX is a translation of Hebrew mss. The Peshitta was made from Hebrew in the first century; It is the oldest Semitic translation of The OT known and it agrees very closely with the Massoretic text.

I see no problem with "Satan moved David to number Israel" and "God moved David to number Israel". Is not Satan under God's authority ? He could do nothing unless he cleared it with God first. Have you not read that :

1Ki 22:20 And the LORD said, Who shall persuade Ahab, that he may go up and fall at Ramothgilead? And one said on this manner, and another said on that manner.
21 And there came forth a spirit, and stood before the LORD, and said, I will persuade him.
22 And the LORD said unto him, Wherewith? And he said, I will go forth, and I will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And he said, Thou shalt persuade him, and prevail also: go forth, and do so.
1Ki 22:23 Now therefore, behold, the LORD hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these thy prophets, and the LORD hath spoken evil concerning thee.
2Ch 18:21 And he said, I will go out, and be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And the LORD said, Thou shalt entice him, and thou shalt also prevail: go out, and do even so.
2Ch 18:22 Now therefore, behold, the LORD hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets, and the LORD hath spoken evil against thee.

So what Satan does is what God authorizes- Satan tested David; God tested David. Jehovah is sovereign over all.

Blessings,

Dave B
I agree with Akhan Dave here - I don't see a contradiction at all. Did not God allow Satan to test Job?
+Shamasha Paul bar-Shimun de'Beth-Younan
[Image: sig.jpg]
Akhi Dave B,

I have tried in replying the Moslem guy with various types of explanations which are typically the same reasonings as yours, but they didn't work at all and in return I received more attacking questions. Finally I just submit to him the verses I quoted from the Septuagint which I received from Prof. Otto G. Raabe without even adding a single word of mine, and he could accept the answer he was looking for.

So..... it's not a matter of defending the truth. The truth defends itself.

Blessings,

george