Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get a load of this!
Darrell Conder Wrote:Paul, Chris came to me with a challenge, which he said was a no-win situation for me. Here's part of that original challenge:

Chris Wrote:Mr. Conder, it struck me hard to see that you started your great crusade against Christianity because of the infallible Greek Bible. You are correct. It is a joke. It is full of errors and contradictions. AND variants! That is because it is NOT the original. The Aramaic Peshitta precedes it and lacks the errors and contradictions and is filled with beautiful poetry and word
plays.
You will notice that the above certainly does not limit the discussion to the primacy of the Peshitta. Chris boasts that the Peshitta is error-free, which, I assume, is a boast that you wouldn't dare make. I will stand by my eariler question to you, which is that if the NT is not God's word, then what matters the difference between the Greek or Aramaic?

As to my statements about the Peshitta, which are historical in nature, I quote from some respected authorities on the matter. As I've not dug around in the sands of the Middle East, nor have I a degree in ancient linguistics, I must leave it to the experts at the Encyclopedia Britannica, et. al. Personally, I have more faith in their research than in yours, meaning no disrespect.

Keep the faith if you must; as me and my house we shall trust in the lord of logic.

Regards,

DWC
+Shamasha Paul bar-Shimun de'Beth-Younan
[Image: sig.jpg]
Dear Darrell,

You publicly portray yourself as a free-thinker, therefore I would imagine that you wouldn't take the word of anyone as infallible, and would much rather examine the evidence for yourself and make up your own mind. The statements you made are your own words and not taken from an encyclopedia. Therefore the honorable thing for you to do would be to defend yourself when challenged.

Well, what will it be? If you want to debate the view you have of the Peshitta, then I am happy to do so...in a spirit in which I think I may help you learn something. I'm not out to "win" or to publicly expose your lack of knowledge in that area. It is obviously a mis-match - because I am a speaker of the language, and you are not. My intentions are only to prove Aramaic primacy and hope that you revise your view, not to "win".....let alone to convert you to Christianity.

It's up to you, of course. But in the end I hope you do the noble thing and defend your statements - if you stand by them and are confident enough in them, with an open mind to refine your position if shown evidence to the contrary.

Note: I'm not asking you to revise your view of the inspiration of the bible.

Peace,
Paul
+Shamasha Paul bar-Shimun de'Beth-Younan
[Image: sig.jpg]